Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel bearing or bad brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: wheel bearing or bad brakes?

you would be amazed at how fast i am, lol
i mount and balanced 4 tires in 20 minutes, lol that were on the car and back on the car
okay, now im just bragging, but ya
i doubt they would charge.5

Old 03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

ok..so just got done driving the car around again this morning...the horrible sound starts happening after a minute or two of driving. I tried doing some zig zags again but it seems like the sound didnt go away this time (weird because it went away when i turned right last night). I also just had the wheel off (I was trying to put on my new rims but decided it looks really bad until I lower) and I noticed the rear brakes are pretty bad. I mean...like RREAALLYY bad. I cant see any actual pad left! could that be causing the sound? bare metal on metal grinding? I just ordered the Mintex pads from AWE Tuning and I'm going to try to replace those brakes and see if the sound is still there before i go further with the bearing (although it's prolly a good idea to replace it now anyways). I guess I'll be driving the truck around for a few days...

Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM
4th Gear

Make sure you replace the rotor to!!!!especially if it is that bad!!!

josh

Old 03-30-2007, 10:23 PM
1st Gear

ok so I've about 87% concluded that it's my brakes. They're worn to the max. Again with the bearing thing, the sound doesnt go away when I turn in any direction, and it doesnt change pitch. The sound goes away when I step on the brakes, if it was the bearing the sound would happen all the time wouldnt it? braking or not... eh?