Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What tires to put on my A4??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default What tires to put on my A4??

I'm through with my set of RS-A's. I don't really know if i liked them that much. Does anyone have a better idea?? I'm on stock 16" rims. I need all season up here in MA. Looking in the $150 per max range.

Thanks

Old 12-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Default RE: What tires to put on my A4??

150 is a lot of money for one tire. look to bfgoodrich for nice quality tires. Goodyear makes this tire called "assurance" its got a sweet 3D tread pattern and it one of the best all-season tires out there. michelon pilot are good tires but they are hard and offer poor traction and poor ride quality. Right now i am using Falkin Azenis Sport, they are good tires with a sweet tread pattern but ive already gone through 9 of them. Doose bought these tires also and is very pleased with them

Old 12-12-2004, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

I am looking at two tires for the spring. Just got some 17's and have narrowed down the search to the Pirelli PZero M+S and the Toyo Proze 4. I have a friend that has a viggen that swears by the Pirelli, his viggen has 250hp at the front wheel and helps with traction, imagine what a quatrro will do!!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 01:12 PM
4th Gear

www.tirerack.com

Old 12-12-2004, 11:51 PM
Administrator

i duno wut about dunlop, im happy wit my stock SP9090 and they grip and look good

Old 12-13-2004, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

use the oem replacement

Old 12-13-2004, 03:59 AM

if your using toyo proxis you have to go with RA-1 i used those and absolutly loved them only problem is trread ware

Old 12-15-2004, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

David,

Does the Falken just wear faster or do you make em wear faster?? How much do they go for??

Old 12-15-2004, 02:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: David_K

150 is a lot of money for one tire. look to bfgoodrich for nice quality tires. Goodyear makes this tire called "assurance" its got a sweet 3D tread pattern and it one of the best all-season tires out there. michelon pilot are good tires but they are hard and offer poor traction and poor ride quality. Right now i am using Falkin Azenis Sport, they are good tires with a sweet tread pattern but ive already gone through 9 of them. Doose bought these tires also and is very pleased with them
Agreed on Goodyear Assurance - just put a set on my wife's daily driver. WONDERFUL tires, great in rain / ice, and handle very well for a 65 series.

Old 12-15-2004, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: mikehh

David,

Does the Falken just wear faster or do you make em wear faster?? How much do they go for??
well it all depends on alignment really. Since i do my own alignments using a brake shops aligner i run a whole 1 degree of negative camber. this is because when cornering sharply the force pushes the tires into positive camber. when aligned like this when cornering hard the tire sits flat or near flat for the best traction.

The falkins are soft tires there tread ware rating is 200. which will last street driving for about 18 months.

the reason i wear them out is cuz i sneak into abandoned airports and use their tarmacs for super-fun.

if you buy the falkins make sure you buy the tires from discount tire direct. and make sure you buy their road hazard warrenty. its an extra 200 dollars but its well worth it. (its cheaper than buying 9 new tires) i've milked discount tire for all their worth.

Quick Reply: What tires to put on my A4??