Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tire you guys going to run in socal this winter??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
2nd Gear
Default what tire you guys going to run in socal this winter??

Im going to need new rubber soon.. And I guess this years winter is suppose to be a wet one. I was just wondering what tires you guys plan on running? I need something practical. Im planning on getting all seasons for now( broke college student)... Also even if it is a wet one it will still be mostly sunny.lol... I plan on going up to the local mounatins to do some boarding... So i might need something that can handle a little snow travel... Im no expert on tires, so what do you guys suggest?

Old 09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what tire you guys going to run in socal this winter??

Since you are down in SoCal, check out Discount Tire/America's Tire. I used to work at one up here in NorCal. They should be all over the place down there. Go to their websitehttp://www.discounttire.com to see if there are any rebates or discounts. They also have pretty good "same as cash" financing deals.

tirerack.com is another good place to start shopping.

Good Luck

Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not sure what to suggest for you, but I was SURE that you were going to get flamed for saying something as ridiculous as, "Winter in SoCal".

Basically SoCal El Nino, because we definitely don't see winters here....

Old 09-28-2006, 01:34 AM
1st Gear

wtf... winter, socal??? even with a few trips to bear, you shouldnt worry to much. haha

you should check out pep boys... i hear they have good tires w/ a good warranty.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:58 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Chrispaay 1.8T

wtf... winter, socal??? even with a few trips to bear, you shouldnt worry to much. haha

you should check out pep boys... i hear they have good tires w/ a good warranty.
Thanks but your the last person I would take advice from...lol..ein Silbern ill check out discount thanks... Also has anyone had any experience with these Kumho ECSTA AST?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear

nobody has?

Old 09-28-2006, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: socal_A4

ORIGINAL: Chrispaay 1.8T

Thanks but your the last person I would take advice from...lol..ein Silbern ill check out discount thanks... Also has anyone had any experience with these Kumho ECSTA AST?
thats what i have right now. im no tire expert, but they work fine for me. i live in new england but have only driven them in the rain not snow.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:31 AM
SoCal Crew Member

BFG G-force sports, good tire, and got a nice tire rack rating as well, i think they were about 100 a piece