Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What stage clutch is right for me?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
1st Gear
Default What stage clutch is right for me?!

My clutch went out a couple of days ago and I have decided that I'm just going to take out a loan to pay for a new clutch and the labor. I am definitely not going stock. I don't know if I should get a stage 2 or 3 or an rs4 clutch. Right now my car is stock but eventually I will be putting a bigger turbo and other peformance parts on. That's why I thought I would knock out this clutch problem with a clutch that I would be able to keep with a bigger turbo and more horsepower. Also I need a clutch that would be able to handle launches from like 5k easy...thats how the stock one went out lol.

I was looking at the clutches on ecstuning.com

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What stage clutch is right for me?!

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!! I need to buy the clutch within the next few days and I am unsure of which one to buy! HELP!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds stupid to me.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

...what sounds stupid?

Old 04-05-2007, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear

The fact you feel the need to over rev the motor and launch at 5000 rpm burn out your clutch and then come on here asking what clutch you should buy.You don't have enough power to drop a clutch from a dig, and the factory clutch can't handle much of any launch. The worst part is you ask for advice when without stating any kind of power goals which if you had a certain hp goal ecs states how much hp each can hold. If your trying to launch at 5000 rpm with a good clutch your going to wish you had your stock burned up clutch back because a stock hplaunch at 5000 rpm with a rs4 clutch will break something else which would be a much bigger loan so as I said, sounds stupid. Decide what you will end up with for hp and buy a clutch. I payed $695 for a 14 pound flywheel and a sachs clutch that can handle 450 hp.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 AM
Tech Guru

+1, figure you power you want, then select your clutch

higher stage clutches are also going to be harder on the leg for city driving..... take that into concideration, also when are you planning on getting the bigger turbo and stuff?(retorical question) take that in as well

Old 04-05-2007, 12:25 AM
3rd Gear

will you please search? You don't need to bump your thread every 20 minutes.

I've heard good things about the southbend st. 3, but come on, 5k launches? I know you're 18, but think about it.... thats like neutral dropping a ford automatic trans

Old 04-05-2007, 04:16 AM
2nd Gear

i would just get the ecs s4 kit with the fly wheel i think it is a grand unless you plan on going to a super big turbo a 5k lanch is not so good on these cars no matter what clutch and flywheel you got you might be able to do the on a front wheel drive honda but not with an all wheel drive vechile

Old 04-05-2007, 04:23 AM

If you upgrade the clutch to where it can handle high rev launches you are just going to break more expensive parts. What brand clutch are you looking at? Everyone throws these "stage 1 and 2" terms out there like they are universally the same for every brand.

Old 04-05-2007, 04:26 AM
2nd Gear

i think the ecs kit come with a sachs clutch for an s4 and some fancy light weight fly wheel i don't really know all the details i just rember reading about it a while ago

Quick Reply: What stage clutch is right for me?!