Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Snow Tires??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 07:59 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: What Snow Tires??

Probably... they are made in norway or sweden or something... can't remember. But I got them in Canada... so I'm sure you can find them in the US of A... just call a bunch of tire shops -- they certainly aren't common... but somebody should be able to get them for ya.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:14 PM
2nd Gear

i do not get enough snow here in nyc to justify dedicated snow tires
a good set of all seasons does the job. even for the occasional trip to vt to ski.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Administrator

you shouldnt have to justify to get snow tires.. you should be like.. DAMN I have quattro better get some snow tires and go FIND some snow, Headshok, are those the hakkapelita 2's? I heard those are what they use on Rally cars.. but I dont know what the rating for snow traction on them is.. those ones Brian said to use where a freaking 9.4.. that is pretty damn impressive, Does anyone know of a place that might have done a comaparison on Snow tires.. Maybe like a car mag or show

Old 08-30-2005, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

Doesnt the tire rack ( tirerack.com ) always have comparisons??

Old 08-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Administrator

yeah they have great comparisons.. but not of the Tires that Headshok is talking about..

Old 08-30-2005, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear

there usually isnt enough snow here for a little fun.
just got my a6 q wagon in april, cant wait for the first snow to feel the quattro difference.

also dont have the extra funds for rims & tires just for winter.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Administrator

im just going to pay to have them mounted on my current rims.. and have them taken off all seasons put back on when the winter is done... unless I can find some cheap rims that look good

Old 08-31-2005, 12:13 AM
5th Gear

Yeah, the ones I have are the hakkepelita 2's I think... I'll try and post a pic sometime. I have them mounted on 15" steels... and ride them in the winter (note my sig pic)

The blizzaks are likely nearly as good or just as good as the nokians... but I always tell people to buy blizzaks, because they are easy to find, and kick ***. I would likely buy the nokians again though, because apparently they last a very long time.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:45 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: A4orce

ORIGINAL: beefski

blizzaks hands down.
i know somebody the had to get them to get up the hill to their house in winter

only thing is that it needs to stay below 40deg F or else they will just wear away.

the tread is very soft.
That is true. They are great tires in the snow, but the tread is soft. If I had a choice I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

yep my dad has blizzaks on his rear drive BMW and swears by them. ya the tread is soft, he needs new ones just after 1 season on them (the rears anyway im sure the fronts are ok.) I could just imagine how good they would be with AWD.

Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 AM
5th Gear

i'm pretty sure no tire recieved a better rating in the snow traction category, but i might be wrong...if you're looking for a snow tire, blizzaks are the way to go

Quick Reply: What Snow Tires??