Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is this part called?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear
Default What is this part called?

Hi All,

This part fell off from the front of the car today. As the pic depicts, it is the plastic part (cover) right under the fog lights. My questions are:
1) What is this part called? (Is it belly pan?)
2) Should I try mounting it back with zip lockers etc? or should I get a replacement?
3) If I need a replacement, where is the best place to get it?

Thanks in advance.

ps: http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=40rc0.jpg (in case the pic doesn't work here)

Old 01-01-2007, 01:58 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What is this part called?

its called the lower valance. held in by clips and then 2 screws by the the fenders. mine has fallen off a couple times and i have it held in with black zipties (not noticeable unless you look for it) and new self-tapping screws by the fender liner. Likei said it can be remounted with fairly good results. Mine has fallen off twice after i remounted it but that was because it was too low for a curb/ramp into a gas station. a repleacement can be bought from ecstuning.com for like $60 i think.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:54 AM
1st Gear

What purpose does it serve?

SMo'

Old 01-01-2007, 05:31 AM
5th Gear

keeps debris away from your motor and slows squirrels from attacking your oil pan as you hit them..... most people just take it off
ORIGINAL: SMoLiK

What purpose does it serve?

SMo'

Old 01-01-2007, 07:43 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

most people just take it off
really? who would these people you are referring to be?

but anyways, its just part of the bumper, you don't need to understand it anymore than that

where to get it-
www.ecstuning.com-search ES#5538

Old 01-01-2007, 05:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sean1.8t

but anyways, its just part of the bumper, you don't need to understand it anymore than that

where to get it-
Gee thanks for the excellent input! Next time I want a stupid answer that gets me no where I will be sure to just PM you directly!

BadLuckAudi - Thanks for the reply... I figured it had something to do with proper cooling, or aerodynamics/handling (keeping a low pressure zone under the car) but keeping crap from kicking up under the car is just as important... Thanks bro...

SMo'

Old 01-01-2007, 06:13 PM
3rd Gear

lol.... mine has fallen off twice and its been at the worst times, but its pretty easy to put back on, and even easier to take off, but than you dont have any protection against dirt or squirrels or anything else badluckaudi can think of

Old 01-01-2007, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear

where to get it-
Gee thanks for the excellent input! Next time I want a stupid answer that gets me no where I will be sure to just PM you directly!

BadLuckAudi - Thanks for the reply... I figured it had something to do with proper cooling, or aerodynamics/handling (keeping a low pressure zone under the car) but keeping crap from kicking up under the car is just as important... Thanks bro...

SMo'
umm, ok i only told you exactly where to get a cheap brand new one but whatever.. if you can't take a look at it and realize from common sense that is is part of the styling/cooling/protection (or even figure out one of those)of the car and enginethen you sir are the stupid one.. i mean come on, use your head

Old 01-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Site Moderator

At first i was thinking you were talking about the belly pan, then i actually looked at the pic.. it does help protect you from the bazooka carryingsquirells.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

where to get it-

SMo'
umm, ok i only told you exactly where to get a cheap brand new one but whatever.. if you can't take a look at it and realize from common sense that is is part of the styling/cooling/protection (or even figure out one of those)of the car and enginethen you sir are the stupid one.. i mean come on, use your head
WTF are you talking about... I wasnt even the person who asked where to get the damn part first off... Secondly, you were an *** in your responce and gave no support to the damn question at all, and thirdly you need to get the **** off your high horse because I did state that I figured it had something to do with proper cooling, aerodynamics and handling... A black piece of plastic being part of the bumper is not always used as some form of protection... It could just be part of the damn bumper... I did notice that the B5 audi does not have a front airdam (spoiler if you will) toprotect from debree andto create a low pressure zone for improved gas mileage and handling at high speeds, just because someone asks a question does not imply that he does not already have an idea of what the answer or answers might be...

SMo'

Quick Reply: What is this part called?