Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Could be Wrong???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 03:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What Could be Wrong???

that is correct, I wish the car would give me a CEL so I can know whats going on but its not so it's pissing me off HAAH
ORIGINAL: acetrebo

ORIGINAL: twiggy114

well looks like all the hoses are tight and dont see anything loose to be having a leak. Also removed the coil packs what should I be looking if they are bad? On a side not it starts to feel this way after driving for like 5 min or so.

Are you saying you dont experience this symptom for the first 5 minutes, I.E. it does not lag until the car is driven for 5 minutes, then it starts to experience this lag?

Old 11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
4th Gear

I'm stumped.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe is your tranny going out. Once the car is warmed up, it starts to freak out.

That would explain why it does this while moving, but no symptoms while idling/not moving.

I am having trouble thinking of what it could be with no codes being thrown, and only doing it once the car is warmed up.

Anyone else?

I guess a trip to the dealer is in order. Do you have a warranty? If not, at least they can diagnose it for you (maybe) and once you know what the problem is you can look at your repair options.

Good luck, sorry I couldn't give you a better solution.

Old 11-02-2006, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

ok so I was just at the dealer. was talking to the service people and the techs. they said it could be the throtle body sensor that can be dirty with carbon and that's why I'm not getting any more power. I'm running it on 91 oct so I donno. also they said that the vibritting could be warped rotters wich could be right. so they said if I wanted a diognostic for it the cost would be $125 and it would take around 2 hours. they said take to like pep boys to have it cleanex out and if the issue still happens to bring it back to them.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:05 PM
4th Gear

well its easy enough to clean the intake.

Pull off the intake hose and get some carb cleaner and clean it out.

Find the sensor, its in there somewhere, clean it off as well.

Still clueless as to how this is not throwing any codes.

As for the rotors, you probably would only notice that under braking, not while driving. You may hear some scraping if they are really warped bad.

But, there is an intake air temp sensor in the throttle body. Sounds like a good enough place to start to me.

Old 11-02-2006, 05:26 PM
1st Gear

well just for the hell of it I'm getting the tires rotated and balanced just to make sure the shuddering is not from that. will get the sensor cleaner and do that as well. can for some reason is driving a little better but like it was before.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:25 AM
1st Gear

Ok so looks like the car is running fine now. Had the tires balanced and rotated. I did an oil change with royal purple oil. Umm added a K&N air filter as well. Cleaned the MAF and as for now the car is running fine. Actually better then before so I guess its all good for now. =]