Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Could be Wrong???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What Could be Wrong???

Wait didnt Audi have a Recall on the coil packs? Cant I just take it to the dealer and have them do the recall at no cost to me?

Old 11-02-2006, 01:41 PM
4th Gear

has the t-belt been done on this vehicle?

does it run rough at idle, or only at higher rpm?

What about if its at a stop and you rev the engine? Does it run rough then?

Give as as much detail as possible. I did read the posts, just looking for a little more info.

You said no codes. misfire should throw a code.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:53 PM
1st Gear

Well when its at aidle its at about 900 rpm when i step on the gas and it goes back down it goes to about the same. If it was misfireing yeah it would give a code but its not. So not really sure whats going on. Feels like its on limp mode but it should still give a code for that.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

And i dont think the T-belt has been done. The car has 47k miles on it.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
4th Gear

what about t-belt, and how many miles on the car?

If its in the upper rpm under load, got to be turbo or boost related. Limp mode like you said, but why no codes? Or even with a leak it should throw codes.

I am temtped to say "boost leak" buts thats so general its not much help.

Have you tried looking at the hoses that connect to the DV? Trace each hose connected to the DV and inspect for cracks, leaks, bad connections, etc. It could also be a bad DV not holding the boost. I would start there and post what you find. You've got to have some thing loose somewhere.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 PM
1st Gear

I'm under the car as I type this hahah... looking around =]

Old 11-02-2006, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

well looks like all the hoses are tight and dont see anything loose to be having a leak. Also removed the coil packs what should I be looking if they are bad? On a side not it starts to feel this way after driving for like 5 min or so.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
1st Gear

Anything left to check??? If not I guess I will take it to the dealer and have them look it over so they can tell me what the hell is wrong with it.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:56 PM
4th Gear

I believe for the coilpacks there is an OHM test. You would use multimeter to jump 2 of the connectors, and it should be within a certain range.

You could find this in a haynes or bently manual, I would look it up for you if I had mine handy, but I don't.

Can anyone post the proper ohm reading for a good coil pack?

Twiggy, this could be possible, but if it was a coilpack, you should be getting a misfire code from the ECU when the coilpack malfunctions. So, I wouldn't bet on it.

Also, if the car is up to full temp, and it is idling just fine at 900rpm and no misses, it doesnt sound like a coilpack. Still sounds like bad DV, or leak somewhere.

Anyone else care to throw their 2 cents in here?

Old 11-02-2006, 02:58 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: twiggy114

well looks like all the hoses are tight and dont see anything loose to be having a leak. Also removed the coil packs what should I be looking if they are bad? On a side not it starts to feel this way after driving for like 5 min or so.

Are you saying you dont experience this symptom for the first 5 minutes, I.E. it does not lag until the car is driven for 5 minutes, then it starts to experience this lag?

Quick Reply: What Could be Wrong???