Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what cars will a stock 2.8 beat off the line

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 02:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what cars will a stock 2.8 beat off the line

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

ORIGINAL: jonus079

Ok, id like to see your 1.8t with 500hp, not to say its not possible but that would pretty much destroy the drivability of the car not to mention the practicality (and I don’t even want to think about mpg)! I honestly don’t understand why you people waste so much money on trying to make an a4 fast. IT’S A BRICK!!

Don’t get me wrong, I think 250hp would be a lot of fun in an a4 but much more than that and you’re just wasting your money, GET A FREAKING V8 ALREADY1!!!! So why are you talking about 500hp limits when im pretty sure you’ll never come close! (i could be wrong, you may be crazy enough to waste that much money)

A4’s are great luxury all around daily drivers; why not just leave it at that? I don’t care that I can’t get 500hp out of m 30v 2.8l. I would never never never trade it for an oil sludging nightmare that is the 1.8t and turbo charged engines are my thang!

Ahhhh I digress…
i never said my 1.8 has 500hp.......read man......

and i know that a4's are luxury cars, that is why mine still has a k03 on it, and will probably never get a bt treatment...... what i was saying was in reguards to the guy that was talking about just putting nitrous on a 2.8 and beating sti's

and an oil sludge pos? dude, how many 1.8 motors were ever built? how many have sludge problems that have to be fixed? that is ludacris....... that is like saying all hondas are great cars... we know both are wrong

i was just giving you my opinion..... you are the one that wants to know what your lowly 2.8 will beat...... the thread title should be "what will my slow brick, luxurious a4 beat"

the answer would be, "since you know it is slow and a brick and luxurious, why would you care"

i think you need to read a little more carefully, lets go down your list 1 by 1.

1. i didnt say you had 500 hp, i said i would like to see the engine in your car (1.8t) with 500hp so i can make fun of the drivablity and practicality. i can see from your sig that you dont have much. read man...

2. lets just say enough 1.8t engine are failling that vw/audi had to instate some kind of program to deal with these engine failures, that in its self says alot about the reliability of the 1.8t.

3. i didnt ask what my 2.8l could beat. the other guy did.

4. i dont care, i didnt ask the question.

i was also giving my opinion on the matter which is: why do you care what you can beat? its a luxury car!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Guru

ok, so i thought you were that guy..... so we are on the same page there..... secondly, with the right internals and clutch, maybe an upgraded bottom end..... you can get 500bhp out of a 1.8t..... i think there are a few people on zine with it

secondly....... i think we agree that if it was that much of a problem they would, but yes some 1.8's get sludge, but i am sure that some 30v's do too.... because of uneducated people who put crap products in their car and neglect them

and lastly, if you don't care, why come into this topic and spout off nonsense?

Old 11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm make believe

1. i didnt say you had 500 hp, i said i would like to see the engine in your car (1.8t) with 500hp so i can make fun of the drivablity and practicality. i can see from your sig that you dont have much. read man...
Wow, you are pretty uummm dumb. There are plenty of 1.8t's running daily with 500hp. A 3071r and 3076r will get you there easy and with proper tunning the 3076r will make 500whp on a standalone. With 20+ psi by 4500rpms, your really not killing the drivablity by any means. Also since the head can turn 8k stock, running it out to 7800rpm redline is no problem. Not to mention most of these cars doing it on a daily basis are fwd vw's, having it in a awd a4 would make it even more suited for daily driving.

As for the engine, all they need is new rods and you now have a capable 600+ whp car. You really should get the facts strait before posting such laughable opinions.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

Wow, you are pretty uummm dumb. There are plenty of 1.8t's running daily with 500hp. A 3071r and 3076r will get you there easy and with proper tunning the 3076r will make 500whp on a standalone. With 20+ psi by 4500rpms, your really not killing the drivablity by any means. Also since the head can turn 8k stock, running it out to 7800rpm redline is no problem. Not to mention most of these cars doing it on a daily basis are fwd vw's, having it in a awd a4 would make it even more suited for daily driving.

As for the engine, all they need is new rods and you now have a capable 600+ whp car. You really should get the facts strait before posting such laughable opinions.
i was hoping someone like you would step up behind me, cause i don't have a huge clue, but some, and you reiterated what i said with some great exqamples

Old 11-06-2007, 03:29 PM
1st Gear

ok, so i thought you were that guy..... so we are on the same page there..... secondly, with the right internals and clutch, maybe an upgraded bottom end..... you can get 500bhp out of a 1.8t..... i think there are a few people on zine with it

secondly....... i think we agree that if it was that much of a problem they would, but yes some 1.8's get sludge, but i am sure that some 30v's do too.... because of uneducated people who put crap products in their car and neglect them

and lastly, if you don't care, why come into this topic and spout off nonsense?
yes but the diffrence is, with the 30v engine, the sludge is cause by stupid owners, where with the 1.8t, its by design (although stupid owners dont make the problem any better). i cant remeber who it was, but one of the audi tech guys posted a thread about why the 1.8t engine have these problems and it pretty much came down to the design of the engine (the oil pick up screen??).

Old 11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
1st Gear

I should have known better posting this on audi forums but....

Show me 10 daily drivers A4 with 500hp..... AND I bet these cars still can’t do a 10sec 1/4 mile. I can only think of one person with close to those numbers and his car is gutted and for race purposes only. I didn’t say the engine isn’t capable of these numbers. lets face it, you can get just about any amount of power out of allot of engines if you have the time and money.

I’m saying, why do you want to waste all that money on a 500hp A4 if you still cant run a 10 second 1/4 miles (unless its gutted which helps my driveablity aguement). I wish you did have 500hp so you could see it’s only good for beating stock STI's (slight exaggeration of course).

This thread is making it clear to me that when I say "fast" I mean something completely different than you.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Guru

Show me 10 daily drivers A4 with 500hp..... AND I bet these cars still can’t do a 10sec 1/4 mile. I can only think of one person with close to those numbers and his car is gutted and for race purposes only. I didn’t say the engine isn’t capable of these numbers. lets face it, you can get just about any amount of power out of allot of engines if you have the time and money.

I’m saying, why do you want to waste all that money on a 500hp A4 if you still cant run a 10 second 1/4 miles (unless its gutted which helps my driveablity aguement). I wish you did have 500hp so you could see it’s only good for beating stock STI's (slight exaggeration of course).

This thread is making it clear to me that when I say "fast" I mean something completely different than you.
my idea of fast is the same as yours....... 1/4 mile times, but you said driveability, not 1/4 mile car..... and i think cincy and i, in my neandertholic way, answered your question...... i see from your sig, either you like motors or build them, and it looks like you have a worked over 240, but you said what you said, don't go changing what you said cause you were proven wrong...... just say, hey man you are right, but i ment, 1/4 mile raceability

Old 11-06-2007, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

my idea of fast is the same as yours....... 1/4 mile times, but you said driveability, not 1/4 mile car..... and i think cincy and i, in my neandertholic way, answered your question...... i see from your sig, either you like motors or build them, and it looks like you have a worked over 240, but you said what you said, don't go changing what you said cause you were proven wrong...... just say, hey man you are right, but i ment, 1/4 mile raceability
Ok, I wasn’t very clear before and I do seem to contradict myself. What I mean is, to make an a4 fast you have to sacrifice drivability (whether this deals with gutting the car or simply getting horrendous gas mileage of a 500hp 1.8t engine), which is why I said it ruins the drivability. I know what the 1.8t engine is capable of but I also know that any engine is capable of allot more than stock if you want to spend the money.

Bottom line is, if you want a fast car (going by my definition of fast) an a4 is not by any means the best way to get there. if you want a nice daily driver, an a4 is a great car.

the point i was trying to make in my first post is, who cares what you can beat. fact is, youre driving an audi, which is a very nice luxry car.

can you agree with that? if you cant, youre just lying to yourself....

Old 11-06-2007, 05:20 PM
5th Gear

you can have a fast daily driven a4. dont know why you think only 10 second cars are fast

Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
1st Gear

yeah def off the lineyou would win,but not for long. Unless you supercharge like me, then its a whole different scenario.

Quick Reply: what cars will a stock 2.8 beat off the line