Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what cars will a stock 2.8 beat off the line

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Guru
Default RE: what cars will a stock 2.8 beat off the line

i am, but am not...... just letting him know the truth.... and saying if he got the car for a steal, he might be able to rape someone on it, buy a 1.8 and have mod money from the sale..... depends on what kind of a steal, maybe some left over

friend of the wife, her husband worked on vw's, had a shop tell this kid his motor was blown so he decided to buy another car... so this vw to the guy for 500 bucks, it was just a minor repair that was needed....... now he has a 3500 + dollar car he got for 500

Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
3rd Gear

What year is your car?

A LOT of cars will beat a stock 2.8 off the line, but a stock 1.8T isn't one of them, given the same transmission.

Basically, what it comes down to is that you're not driving a speed demon. The A4 is a heavy car in general and the 2.8 weighs about 300 lbs more than the 1.8T.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:23 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

What year is your car?

A LOT of cars will beat a stock 2.8 off the line, but a stock 1.8T isn't one of them, given the same transmission.

Basically, what it comes down to is that you're not driving a speed demon. The A4 is a heavy car in general and the 2.8 weighs about 300 lbs more than the 1.8T.
but hell take off a few doors and your right up there for weight!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: sineo

You do know that the ko3 makes peak tq before 2k stock and just past 2k chipped right?

But to answer the org ?, it will beat any fwd car andsome rwd cars of the line for the first few feet, but after that, your toast.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:37 PM

Almost anything with a Honda emblem.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
5th Gear

^^actually most honda's will take a stock a4, especially most of the new ones.

you could probly take on minivans and trucks...

Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

^^actually most honda's will take a stock a4, especially most of the new ones.

you could probly take on minivans and trucks...
anything above a b16 and you will get walked

and don't throw trucks in there...... a svt/ss/srt truck will pwne him too
and not to mention anything with a turbo on it and tunning........ you can get alot of trucks into the 14 sec range...... you should see my video's
here is one
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...odieseltru.flv

Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut

but you are still way more limited with that than a 1.8 ever would be

bt a 1.8 and you could be around 500 bhp, with supporting mods and then a 75 wetshot..... and you will rape more than sti's
Ok, id like to see your 1.8t with 500hp, not to say its not possible but that would pretty much destroy the drivability of the car not to mention the practicality (and I don’t even want to think about mpg)! I honestly don’t understand why you people waste so much money on trying to make an a4 fast. IT’S A BRICK!!

Don’t get me wrong, I think 250hp would be a lot of fun in an a4 but much more than that and you’re just wasting your money, GET A FREAKING V8 ALREADY1!!!! So why are you talking about 500hp limits when im pretty sure you’ll never come close! (i could be wrong, you may be crazy enough to waste that much money)

A4’s are great luxury all around daily drivers; why not just leave it at that? I don’t care that I can’t get 500hp out of m 30v 2.8l. I would never never never trade it for an oil sludging nightmare that is the 1.8t and turbo charged engines are my thang!

Ahhhh I digress…

Old 11-06-2007, 02:33 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Not my Miata!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: jonus079

Ok, id like to see your 1.8t with 500hp, not to say its not possible but that would pretty much destroy the drivability of the car not to mention the practicality (and I don’t even want to think about mpg)! I honestly don’t understand why you people waste so much money on trying to make an a4 fast. IT’S A BRICK!!

Don’t get me wrong, I think 250hp would be a lot of fun in an a4 but much more than that and you’re just wasting your money, GET A FREAKING V8 ALREADY1!!!! So why are you talking about 500hp limits when im pretty sure you’ll never come close! (i could be wrong, you may be crazy enough to waste that much money)

A4’s are great luxury all around daily drivers; why not just leave it at that? I don’t care that I can’t get 500hp out of m 30v 2.8l. I would never never never trade it for an oil sludging nightmare that is the 1.8t and turbo charged engines are my thang!

Ahhhh I digress…
i never said my 1.8 has 500hp.......read man......

and i know that a4's are luxury cars, that is why mine still has a k03 on it, and will probably never get a bt treatment...... what i was saying was in reguards to the guy that was talking about just putting nitrous on a 2.8 and beating sti's

and an oil sludge pos? dude, how many 1.8 motors were ever built? how many have sludge problems that have to be fixed? that is ludacris....... that is like saying all hondas are great cars... we know both are wrong

i was just giving you my opinion..... you are the one that wants to know what your lowly 2.8 will beat...... the thread title should be "what will my slow brick, luxurious a4 beat"

the answer would be, "since you know it is slow and a brick and luxurious, why would you care"

Quick Reply: what cars will a stock 2.8 beat off the line