Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can i get away with on a leased car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 AM
1st Gear
Default What can i get away with on a leased car?

I just leased my wife a 2007 A4 and I was wondering what mods I could get away with and still keep it "warrantied"?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: What can i get away with on a leased car?

So... No one?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
3rd Gear

anything that can be changed back to stock at the end of the day. you can chip it, then leave the chip in the car since it is undetectable other that better performance or get a spare ecu (now or later) and just swap them out. any kind of turbo upgrade is out of the question. Exhaust, I'm not sure if they have a problem with it havening a new/better exhaust. you can install a boost gauge and then return it to stock before you give it back. I really have no idea about b7 upgrades so just search around, find some things you like and if you think they can either be returned to stock or they will not be noticed(and your willing to"waste the money") then go for it. wheels and suspension are things that can be returned to stock but you will have to pay for R&R if you don't do it yourself.

This is one reason I don't like the idea of leasing - its never your car.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

but if its for the wife, and you don't plan to keep her around for that long either.... its perfect!

Old 04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
4th Gear

If they find out you chipped it however they will remove your warranty (Thats fairly risky if you ask me)... The most I would mess with is the looks of the car (Rims) and mabye Exhaust. Leases are for the loss... I mean if you don't care about warranty then just saw eff it and you can do some mean mods that are really a blast.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
1st Gear

I've got a buddy that has his chipped and every time he brings it in for services they don't say a word to him... They mentioned that they know but they've been cool... It's hit or miss if you're going to run into real sticklers at the shops

Old 04-25-2007, 02:37 PM
1st Gear

Lease for the lose? Depends on what you are looking for. If I had leased my last car it would have saved me a fortune! Lease is perfect for those with 2 vehicles, who change cars as much as I do and fro always having a car that is covered under warranty.

My last owned car was the Passat we had. warranty up at 50k and at 53k we were looking at $3300 worth of fixes to keep it running while still having to pay 1 more year in payments. We traded that in and if it werent for the fact that I refinanced the house and paid it off, we would have been $4k upside down in payments.

I have a truck that I own... my wife needed a nice, reliable car with warranty for 3 years while she finishes school. Plus for teh p[rice I couldnt resist it.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
4th Gear

If its for the wife anyway, just leave it stock.

Its a nice car, decent power already, and not too many mods out yet for the car.

Just enjoy it, and by the time the lease is up, if you decide to buy it, well, by then there should be a lot of mods available for it and you can go to town.