Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

well I'll be ... My car is totalled. [PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 06:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: well I'll be ... My car is totalled.

since the wreck was my fault in my case, i was saying more along the lines of "i cant believe i just did that" even though i didnt really do anything wrong, just checked my mirror to change lanes and looked forward and saw that i was going to nail him... i blacked out from about where i realized what was going to happen till the time i was stepping out of my car... all i remember inbetween was the crunching of my pride and joy... when i first saw how bad it was i was like thank god im walking... then i ran up to the guy infront of me (flatbed f550, zero damage) and made sure he was ok, he didnt even think he had been hit, he thought something fell off the flatbed of his truck... i thanked god he was ok too, then i looked back and realized that all the effort i put into my truck was crushed w/ the front end, and i still have to convince myself to put any effort into this car i have now...

Old 07-31-2004, 11:41 PM
3rd Gear

Oh wow, brrman! I just saw this post now!

I am so sorry for your loss. It just killed me to see those pics! And you were only doing 35mph!! Wow! Glad to hear that German engineering does its job so well. I am glad to hear that you came out of it unscathed, though. A blessing for you. I wish we could all do something to make the pain less.

Sorry for the delay in my condolences.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:31 PM
1st Gear

DUDE MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES!!!!!!!!

Anyway if it makes you feel better...MY 99 Quattro is still leaking tranny oil...even after it got "fixed" by the mechanic that the dealer sent it too....

Hey its a car though...as long as your ok....I know you cant get another one like your bab...again sorry about your loss

Old 08-03-2004, 03:09 AM
Site Moderator

Well, today I took the afternoon off and took the wheels and suspension from the car. Also took out all the cables and wiring for the stereo, as well as the chipped ECU. It took about 5 hours in 95 deg sunny weather but I got it all done. Have my eye on a nice avant near detroit. Will go see it this saturday - and if I like it I should have a new car by next week.

Old 08-03-2004, 04:30 AM
3rd Gear

Sweet.... will every thing bolt right on the avant ecu, carputer ect.. I know they have a different suspension setup right?
Those wheels will look sick on an avant!!![sm=smiley15.gif]

Old 08-03-2004, 04:51 AM
1st Gear

I'm sorry man. Situations like these always suck. Best of luck with your stripping, search, and insurance. Keep us updated.

<ag>

Old 08-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: SlimChriz

Sweet.... will every thing bolt right on the avant ecu, carputer ect.. I know they have a different suspension setup right?
Those wheels will look sick on an avant!!![sm=smiley15.gif]
The spring will not carry over, nor will the rear shocks . So I will likely sell the setup and buy new again. The ecu will not carry over, same with the chip. Nothing will really carry over. I'll have to fabricate a new faceplace for the screen because of the diff dash style too. Basically I stripped the susp, ecu, chip, etc to sell them.

Old 08-03-2004, 01:39 PM
1st Gear

how much are you looking for for the chipped ecu? or is the chip able to be sold seperate from the ecu?

Old 08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

Just curious brrman, are those rims the ADR M-Sport? Will you be able to transfer those to the new car? If not, how much you asking?

Old 08-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Site Moderator

[EDIT] Classifieds listing has been posted [/EDIT]

OK this is what I will tentatively be selling:
Giac Chipped ECU (tiptronic - 557P box), stock ECU 557P, custom fit fiberglass sub enclosure (carpeted), and the Bilstein/Neuspeed race suspension.

I will post everything I am selling w/ prices after I purchase a new vehicle - in a few days.
The wheels are going to xfer to the new car so I am not selling them. yes, they are ADR M-Sport 18"s.

cheers

Quick Reply: well I'll be ... My car is totalled. [PICS]