Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird sound while turning...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Default RE: Weird sound while turning...

it only feels heavy when I turn all the way, like you do when u make a quick u-turn. when I'm turning normal I have no problems

Old 02-02-2008, 11:23 AM
1st Gear

definitly sounds like you are low on fluid and could be a steeringcolum issue, but then again it could be you that you might need a new sway bar or stabilization bar. The only reason I mentioned that is because you said something about a rubbing sound when you would turn the wheel while you were moving.How fast were you actually moving when you turned the wheel? In my case,I couldnt figure outthe "rubbing" sound for months. I even replaced the control arms thinking that might solve it and it didnt. Turned out to be that the downpipe was rubbing up against the swaybar or bracket whenever i would turn the corner. It was very annoying. Hope your problem wont beas costly as mine just tryin to diagnose it.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:24 PM

It doesn't make sounds or anything when I make regular turns... but you know right before you make an illegal u-turn, you have the car still with the wheel turned all the way in the direction that your turning, that is when I hear the squeek and when i actually hit the gas it sound like its rubbing on something... oh well I have to take it to get the 70k service anyway... so I'll have the mechanic check this out too... I'll post what the problem is as soon as he tells me.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

oh ok gotcha. ya that would definitley not be a sway bar issue!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 09:13 AM

didnt you just get this car. sucks that you didnt notice this before you picked it up.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 AM

you will hear pump noise if you put a full lock on the wheels like that its normal because its under extreme pressure ( not a good thing to do because it blows seals ) also if you have wide tyres they could be touching the inner wing

Old 02-03-2008, 11:19 AM

I've had it for 2 months already... but the only way they would have sold it to me for the price that they sold it to me was if I bought it "as is" but whatever... It can't be too expensive to fix.

my aunt noticed it yesterday when i was parking... it sounds a lot louder when your outside of the car then when your inside...

but it definitely sounds like I'm rubbing on a moving part...

Old 02-03-2008, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear

i had something very similar in my car i just got it fixed last week, it was the p/s pump and it went bad cause the previous owner used the wrong fluid. you may have the same problem, cause mine didnt make any noise when i first bought it, then a few months later it started, and then my pump blew and i had almost no p/s. im not sure if its the same problem, but i would get it fixed or at least looked at before it gets worse, it woulda been $100 to do a fluid flush if i would have know about it earlier, but it ended up being around $550 cause i had to geta new pump.