Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water in my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Default water in my car

Hey whats up guys
The other day in NJ we had alot of rain and I had a big problem in my car. Well it hasnt happenned in a while last time it happened water came in my car and it caused for my control confort computer to be soaked in water (located Underneath the drivers side seat) Well anyway i have a 2003 audi A4 1.8t what I wanted to know is has anybody had this problem in the past and does anybody know what can be causing for this to happen. Well thanks guys and it only gets flooded underneath the front seat. Since this has happened alot of things in my car are malfunctioning recently i havent been able to start my car in the morning i always have to get a booster and jumpstart the car. but that another problem i will post about once i get this one figured out. lol ( I laugh cause im trying not to get pissed of about it) well if anyone got suggestions on why i get water under there let me know please

Old 10-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: water in my car

Take out your battery and used some compressed air to blow out your pleanum drain. It gets clogged up with leaves and s***, builds up water then it drains into the vehicle through the body plugs, ECM box, and pollen filter box.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Thanks man I think that is what happenned is this common with audis

Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

thats a good idea, i did a battery swap a few months back and mine had a lot of leave and **** clogging it up.... but u said the car was flooded under the seats? let the insurance company take care of it... u will need to replace some carpeting too if thats the case.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: fcamargo6thave

Thanks man I think that is what happenned is this common with audis
Very common, what you need to do is lift up the carpet pad and use a wet vac and suck up all the moisture out of the pad so mold doesn't grow, if its really bad the entire carpet might have to be replaced but i haven't had to do thatyet, ive always been able to dry them out.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:36 PM

thanks man yea it wasnt bad but the confort control module located under the seat was all f***ed up and wet and oxidated but fortunately it still works the only thing that is wrong with the car now is that the car thinks the E-Brake is up when it is not and the fuel gauge never shows that i have filled up evethough i jus put $40 worth of gas. well that is the first time that my car got flooded 3 weeks ago.. Now the other day water got in again but like u said i never checked to see if leaves were blocking the pleanums but ill have to check. that was problems 1 lol now since the last rain my car doesnt start up in the morning everytime i get in i have to jumpstart the car or with a booster pac i am not sure what is going on but my mechanic reccommended that i have the confort control module replaced and see what happens. Is this true?? Thanks

Old 10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
5th Gear

when u say is this common with audis, no. audis usually don't get flooded. lol just kidding. the plenum can get clogged in any car where the battery has that hose. and i doubt the comfort control module will fix anything.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Site Moderator

Right the comfort control module isn't gonna have anything to do with the engine not starting (different wiring harness) nor is the brake light going off. I would try to top off the brake fluid and see if the light goes out. As for the starting if you have to jump start it to get the starter to crank over its probably the main ground cable, next time it acts up have someone jiggle the ground cable while cranking the engine over and see if the starter engages.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:26 PM
4th Gear

Don't forget to check the other sources of water.

1. Plugged drain from airconditioning.

2. Plugged drain holes from sun roof (although this often results in water in the back seat).

Check them all.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM

I think u guys have given me some good advice it helps to have help from u guys b4 i go to the dealer and have them SAFF me lol. One more thing when i install the new confort control module does that have to be programmed or is it plug and play... Going back to the car not starting i should add that i had an aftermarket alarm and remote start installed i have a feeling that this is causing the car to short somewhere because the installer did look at it and said that most of the wiring he installed for the alarm did come from the confort package. Remember the car starts only if it jump started and it will start on its own for maybe an hour after it has been jump started and once its sits out there for an hour or two no luck. Well thanks guys if any of u guys have any more suggestions please help me out thanks guys.

Quick Reply: water in my car