Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

want to replace Symphony with better audio, maybe nav???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:16 PM
1st Gear
Default want to replace Symphony with better audio, maybe nav???

just got my 2003 A4 v6 with the symphony audio w/ 6 disc in-dash. i REALLY want sirius capability w/o haveing to run thru an FM freq. can anyone help with compatable swap info for the B6. im not opposd to a Nav unit but still want some CD cpability. Im not to keen on getting a Nav unit from Germany on ebay...a little to scary. Any places i can look, other sites with info?
i have found audiworld.com with some info on the 04 A4, but im not sure if the 03 is pre-wired with sat. radio connections.

Any info will be appreciated and assure you a place in the Heavan of your choice!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: want to replace Symphony with better audio, maybe nav???

hey man, do u wanna go aftermarket or just stay with a audiradio/nav?

i would reccomend a aftermarket nav unit, sirus capable.

i think pioneer now does both siruis and xm (used to only have xm before)
get the nav units from pioneer, i think the Avic-n1 and Avic-n2. these have cd, and play dvd

i kinow kenwood is siruis capable

Old 02-20-2006, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

yea, im aware of the AVIC. I used to have a sooped-up 97 Eclipse before we bought ths Audi. my wife has a "thing" against aftermarket items after the eclipse left, so i would like to try and do as much "factory" as possible to get what i want.

Old 02-21-2006, 05:46 AM

I have a sweet JVC CD player that has Satellite radio ready even though I don't have it. I just use it cuz I have an IPOD connector to it and just use my IPOD to listen to music. It's strange, but CD's suck to me, lol. I have 1000's of songs to choose from at will man. That is the real way to go!
yea, im aware of the AVIC. I used to have a sooped-up 97 Eclipse before we bought ths Audi. my wife has a "thing" against aftermarket items after the eclipse left, so i would like to try and do as much "factory" as possible to get what i want.
Crazy I had a 97 Eclipse GS-T convertable right before I got my Audi. Crazy....