Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want headlights and taillights

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Default Want headlights and taillights

Guys, what do you think of these two. They seem like a good deal. And I dont care about the brightness because I can always change the bulbs themselves. (The headlights are 1 piece).

Tail: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-01...90625013QQrdZ1

Head: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98...89025399QQrdZ1

and if not.. is there any better deals than that. Cus i really like these.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Want headlights and taillights

BUMP!

Old 08-03-2005, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear

Not crazy about those specific ones, but everyones got different tastes, its what ever you want, I'm sure they are perfectly good, so if you like em buy em, dont worry about what other people think of them.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

sounds good... thnx.

Old 08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
3rd Gear

Look out, you are about to get reemed for considering those tails!

Old 08-03-2005, 06:01 PM

REEMED you will.

Rule of thumb for AF: Do not mention ALTELZZA tail lights, or Blow of Valves.

I have seen worse taillights in my time, but IMHO i think stock tails look sweet. Depending on your cars year you might not need new headlights , just do the clear corners mod.
People might reem you about the headlights too, most thing angel eyes are supposed to be BMW's only. I don't like them personally but if you are going to get them, you might want to reseal them. Heat them up and cool them down. A bad seal on those EBAY headlights can cause condensation in the headlights.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:04 PM

yep, sorry bro but those tails are gross. and insane is right, keep angels on the bimmers.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 PM
5th Gear

taillights have to GO! they are not the worst altezzas i've seen, but they are still pretty gross...the headlights i like, not many people like the angel eyes on this forum because they think it's too bmw-esque, but i love em. you may however get some fogging issues with them, i suggest re-sealing them yourself with a thick layer of silicon before you get fogging. the best taillights IMO are the 99.5+ tails. they will look so much better than those altezzas, trust me.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:22 PM

DON'T DO IT, DUDE!!! As soon as I mentioned Altezza, I got flack from AF members and my local A4 club. This and a number of other factors helped me decide to put the origs back on. These Problem occurred when I had them installed:

1. reverse lights are configured to use amber PY21W not the original/stock P21W. It's really hard to find clear PY21W bulbs (if they exist) I could not find any locally or on the net. It looked pretty dumb with amber lights fastened on the clear outlets of the Altezza lights.

2. They do not fit properly as the fasteners are two prong instead of the stock four prong. You will notice instantly that the gap between the lights and the trunk lid are uneven. Also, the driver side tail light protrudes abot 1/8" from the side whick explains the gap between the light and the trunk lid.

3. My reverse tail light alarm/warning indicator intermittently went on but all the bulbs were fastened correctly, in good working order (not blown), and the harness was on properly. Signals were okay too. It got annoying to hear the warning BEEP every time you drive. It usually occurred 3 - 5 times during an hour drive.

4. When I washed the car, moisture seaped through, which was pretty much the last straw.

I have no opinion about the headlights, however.

i got the altezzas as a gift and had them installed shortly after receiving them. Thank goodness I didn't spend my own money on these.

Good luck.

B

Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

thnx 4 the advice.. ok so no tail lights (for now... cus i want 2 find sum non-stock good ones.. cus the 99.5's look crappy [to me]) but headlights im still considering.... is there a manual on not only how to install them but how 2 seal them. Im not exactly sure how 2 do it without a visual aid. Thanks for all the help guys. Im glad i asked before buying. If someone could find me some tail lights they trust then... that would b great.

EDIT: another question is.. atleast explain to me how to clear my corners and install sum xenons in there. Cus those angel eyes have the xenon bulbs. How do I change that.. anyway?

EDIT 2: Also is there a way to do DIY smoked tails.. cus on my black car that would look really slick.. thnx.

Quick Reply: Want headlights and taillights