Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VVME.COM is a Rip-Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Default VVME.COM is a Rip-Off

I bought a HID kit from them and a week later a bulb burned out. They want me to send the stupid thing to China and pay $25 return shipping fees or pay $35 and not return the bulb and they will send a new one.

I read that they had a screwed up return policy, but I figured that the quality was going to be decent enough that I wouldn't be replacing bulbs within the first two weeks of owning the kit. Needless to say I will never purchase another kit from them. What a bunch of crooks. [:@]

Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: VVME.COM is a Rip-Off

well those bulbs are sensitive. you're actually the first person to complain about their quality lol. just buy a new bulb. i've had mine for like 3 weeks and they're still perfect. (knock on wood) did u touch them or scratch them while installing them?

Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Site Moderator

First time I have heard this kind of problem with vvme parts. No one else that I know of has had a bulb burn out, let alone that soon. Even with their shitty return policy, youre still financially ahead compared to the cost of most other HID kits.
Ive had mine for a couple months now with no problems.

You should have been aware of their policy before ordering them. What do you expect with a product that has no local vendors/distributors in this country? Thought you were trying to sell them anyways?

Old 12-01-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear

well I ordered two sets from them on Nov12th and im still waiting for the shipment .. if i realized that it would have taken three plus weeks .. i would have boughtanother chinesebrand .. service unacceptable .. btw, if you go on vvme's website .. you would think the shipment is coming out of the Delware office.. i hope the kits is worth the wait ..

Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: hiwords

well those bulbs are sensitive. you're actually the first person to complain about their quality lol. just buy a new bulb. i've had mine for like 3 weeks and they're still perfect. (knock on wood) did u touch them or scratch them while installing them?
Touch or scratch them? Does dropping them on the floor and kicking them across the room then picking them up and licking them clean count????? NO! I didn't touch the stupid things. I very CAREFULLY put them in. My take on the kit... cheapola crappy quality.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:01 PM
5th Gear

woooosaaa man. rub those ear lobes and calm yourself lol. you must have gotten unlucky and recieved a defective product. no need to yell at me for that damn. as far as quality goes, did you expect a massively produced product to be 100% perfect? haha. I'm sure there are some people who paid 200 bucks for a different HID kit have gone through what you're going through. I don't know what else to tell you because nobody else seems to have any trouble with their vvme kit. only complaint i've heard is slow shipping which i experienced myself.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:52 PM
4th Gear

didnt you just throw a huge bitch fit about not using these ?

you are the second person i have ever heard of complaining about quality, the first one was someone that the ballast got damaged during shipping.
i have had no problem with mine, and dont hesitate to reccomend them to everyone that asks about my lights

Old 12-02-2007, 12:15 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: kaptom540

well I ordered two sets from them on Nov12th and im still waiting for the shipment .. if i realized that it would have taken three plus weeks .. i would have boughtanother chinesebrand .. service unacceptable .. btw, if you go on vvme's website .. you would think the shipment is coming out of the Delware office.. i hope the kits is worth the wait ..
If you searched and read my threads posted, then you would have known it was going to be over 2 weeks to get them and the customer service sucks. But the quality in my opinion is ok. no burned out bulbs yet.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

I paid a little extra for Mcculloch HIDs and have had them well over a year with not one problem.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 AM

I've had my vvme.com HIDs for at least 6 months now, no problems. sounds like you just got a dud bulb, sorry bro.

oh, and mine arrived in about 8-10 business days, and that's to canada! dunno what the hell is taking your guys' kits so long.

Quick Reply: VVME.COM is a Rip-Off