Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very quick resonator question

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Default RE: Very quick resonator question

as long as its good music like the beetles

Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 PM
1st Gear

leaving the resonator there will be better for ur engine and sound better.

all cars are built and "tuned" a certain way. the resonators function is in its name... it resonates...

not only does this enhance sound but when resonating, it should create low frequency pulsing that will actually make the exhaust pulse and thus caue the air to pulse outwards during the exhaling cycle of the engine, thus moving it in a more efficient manor.

so it would be a waste of ur time, and, even tho its not enough to notice, cut a wee bit of power.

u can get away with not having them on big exhaust because the free flwo of the air makes up for the lack of perfect resonation...

on a tangent.. this is also why intakes are so in effective on our cars... because audi did well as far as tuning the intake to the right "note" for the engine.

Old 03-17-2007, 05:08 AM
1st Gear

Hey guys i finally had enough ***** to go and just get the resonator in my 1.8T a4 cut out and i must say i am very happy with it. The sound got noticible louder no rasp at alll as a matter of fact it got alot alot deeper... theres alot of bubbly back fires but i really like that i just dont know if thats safe for the car( is it safe?) and also i must say as soon as the turbo spoools up it tends to quiet down then after a little while it really gets loud again.. i mean its not that loud i kinda wish it could be louder but i guess this will do for me now... i got some vids of before and after.. Before video has a magnaflow muffler with stock pipping and evoms intake the after video has evoms intake, magnaflow muffer, and the resonator delete on stock piping... Let me know what you guys think...

Before: pretty quiet i took it out cause i wanted a little more and i definatly got wat i wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dso3VzAV57I

After: honestly it doenst sound that good in the vid but in person its very very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5CkQjAiCNw

so yeh guys let me know what you guys think... and just let me know if all that backfiring is normal i mean u can hear it in the vid... and honestly as far as performance goes i think its kinda did change not for good not for bad though like at lower rpms i definatly feel some more power but later on it feels like it dies outt then kinda comes back again. All this cost me 25 dollars so i just had to go for it

Old 03-17-2007, 09:32 AM
1st Gear

Bleh, to me that sounds horrible. Totally not trying to flame your ride oryou evenbut that is just not my cup-o-tea. That (your exhaust tone) is what im trying to completely avoid with the exhaust system im looking for. I cant stand raspiness or cracking and popping. To memy Audi is supposed to represent the finer things in life. Its the affordable luxury car but it still has a name to live up to. Not like honda or acura or any other rice brand. Those are all known to be owned by any punk kid that has too much money (or too little in most cases) and tries to make it as loud and obnoxious as possible to get attention. An Audi on the other hand is looked at as a more classy, respectable automobile. With that in mind, I feel if you want an exhaust that gives you more power, dont start hacking your already well designed (for stock tune) exhaust and replace the whole thing with a system that has nice tone,excellent flowand overall good craftsmanship for durability. Just help out the Audi crowd and keep us from turning into riceboys.

Final thoughts: I applaud what your trying to do just please dont go any louder with the tone. Even if it is to your taste. Again, this isnt a flame, just my opinion and input.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:16 PM
3rd Gear

yea it sounds great (atleast on my 2.8 with the remus muffler), but it gets annoying at cruising speeds ( i know first hand)

Old 03-17-2007, 06:19 PM
1st Gear

Honestly guys this things not that loud lol iono i mean its no where near rice boys honda drivers i was behind a few modded civics and few modded eclipses they completly drowned out my exhaust i couldnt even hear my ehaust when them around. All the resonator delete did was get it louder in the rpms before turbo spools after turbo comes in the exhaust completly gets quiet and goes into the same sound it would be before i took it off.. There is small popping noises iono in my opinion i like that but i guess not everybody thinks like me which is fine no problem there. And as for rasp once again thre is no rasp at all thats from the vid. but i understand where your comming from i and trust me in no way am i trying to stoop low like the honda guys who put really really loud fart cans and disturb everyone on the streets.... and as for loudness at crusing speeds its not that bad it acutally dies out by then i was very very suprisd that when im crusing my car sounds just like it did before i got it done i mean its practically impossible to hear when crusing which really really suprised me....