Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vag Com- makes your car go faster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 PM
1st Gear
Default Vag Com- makes your car go faster?

Hey guys.. ive searched all day in school as i was bored out of my mind about the vag com system.. the real one is 500+ dollars.. is there a way to buy somthing fake to hook up to my laptop that will work as well?

I want to make my car faster by somhow changing my gears and the time it takes to shift into the next gear.. I have an Automatic 3.0L A4 2004. and its too slow!!! sorry to say but i wasn't happy with the pickup on my audi but handeling is sooo much better than BMW.

Can you guys explain to me how i can go about doing somthing with this vagcom system??

Does anyone make a chip for my A4

Old 09-08-2005, 06:32 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Vag Com- makes your car go faster?

nearly all the chip/ecu flash companies have stuff for our 3.0 v6's

Old 09-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Administrator

i dont think u can do that with a vag com if so then people wouldnt buy the GIAC tip chip and stuff

u can do lil convenentt mods like open nad closing windows wit the key and stuff

Old 09-08-2005, 10:11 PM
1st Gear

how can i go about getting one ov these vag com things.. is it easy and straight forward or is it a pain in the butt

Old 09-08-2005, 10:29 PM
2nd Gear

There was an article like 3-4 days ago about obdtool.com. I'd suggest searching for it. Made sense to me. Or you could go under the Audi links and go to Ross-Tech and pony up $200 something for the real no hassle deal.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

get outta here.. 200 bucks??? lol id rather rob my audi dealer haha

thats a **** load of money.. i dont wanna pay more than .. at the most 50

Old 09-08-2005, 10:47 PM
4th Gear

Trust me, I've had the Ross tech vagcom for the last year. Already saved me more than it cost. Full support by the manufacturer, full functionality software, ability to reprogram soft coding. Worth every penny. Plus, guys bring me BEER so they can borrow it to check codes or do some data logging.

\It the tiptronic is slow on your car, you need to get a GIAC tiptronic chip which will make the shifts crisper.

Old 09-08-2005, 10:51 PM
3rd Gear

yea how did you afford a 2004 a4 if you think 200 is a lot for a diagnostic cable? Most likely you cant make you r car go faster with it. Its actually a great deal and the guys are ross-tech are exceptional ppl to deal with!

Old 09-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: TomRitt

yea how did you afford a 2004 a4 if you think 200 is a lot for a diagnostic cable? Most likely you cant make you r car go faster with it. Its actually a great deal and the guys are ross-tech are exceptional ppl to deal with!
Ha! You know there are lots of spoiled kids out there with Audi's right? Just read the "Average income of an A4 driver" topic. This may not be the case, but I think it sounds likely. If this kid thinks $200 is a lot, he may be a student, and may have no concept of money cuz dad always picks up the tab. Just kidding.. But seriously, its a good investment, and if you think $200 really is too much of an investment, you should sell your Audi.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

Please don't hate on poor college kids lol! I saved like crazy just so I could get my A4 and now I'm too broke to get a $180 tint job. Not to mention I'm running low on Ramen Noodles.

Quick Reply: Vag Com- makes your car go faster?