Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 PM
1st Gear
Default Vacuum Hoses

I have 2001 A4 1.8T Q and bought it used a year ago. I went to local Audi dealer shop as the engine light will not turn of after ignition. The manual book refers that to as "malfunction"so I was quite concerned. The dealer dignosed a couple of Vacuum Hoses were blown off and I had to replace them with Audi Dealer price. Anyone encountered this before? .. I am just wondering if this could happen often.. Appreciate your feedback

Old 11-17-2005, 11:27 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Vacuum Hoses

What's the Audi Dealer price?

I think vacuum lines may be the easiest thing in the entire world to replace.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

They charge me $375 for dignose and replacing 2 hoses.. I am sure I was overcharged.. Is it a good idea to change the rest before they blow off?

Old 11-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Thethtar

They charge me $375 for dignose and replacing 2 hoses.. I am sure I was overcharged.. Is it a good idea to change the rest before they blow off?
HAHAHAHAHa... What are you doing owning an Audi-Not being able to do stupid service like that? Anyway... You have just been overcharged X 20! You can really tell who the people are who you know the dealer is going to take advantage of.. Thats honestly disturbing. I mean Im sorry if your handicapped and maybe can maneuver a wrench, or pop the hood... But WOW!

Old 11-18-2005, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

thanks for your sympathy.. I deserve it.. I will learn to do my own next time or will not do anything without having a feeback from you guys..Do you guys have your own dignostic reader? I could not really tell which part is in error from malfunction light.. that was the main reason I went to the dealer..

Old 11-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Thethtar

thanks for your sympathy.. I deserve it.. I will learn to do my own next time or will not do anything without having a feeback from you guys..Do you guys have your own dignostic reader? I could not really tell which part is in error from malfunction light.. that was the main reason I went to the dealer..
Sympathy is deffinately another word for it, anyway, you must be rich to justify paying that much money for something so minor... Will you front me $800 for an exhaust? If you own a laptop get a vag tool, it will tell you when the check engine and other lights mean exactly.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:21 AM
1st Gear

thanks again onepoint8tee.. I am not rich.. but own a laptop. Sorry for my ignorance.. where do you think i can get vag tool?

Old 11-18-2005, 02:22 AM
4th Gear

onepoint8tee, whats ur deal? I remember a few days ago you were acting like a little school girl about getting chipped. Then u see a few codes and freak out. I dont recall everything you said, but it sounded like something a newb would say. Get off this guys ***,theres no reason for it.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

onepoint8tee, whats ur deal? I remember a few days ago you were acting like a little school girl about getting chipped. Then u see a few codes and freak out. I dont recall everything you said, but it sounded like something a newb would say. Get off this guys ***,theres no reason for it.
Yeah dude seriously, chill the hell out.

Old 11-18-2005, 03:13 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah, that is really too bad. Those hoses don't cost very much, and all you have to do is lube them up with WD40 and zip tie them back on.
Rosstech (google it) has freeware software and and the full upgrade for more money, and you can find the dongle (what you plug into the OBD-II port above the pedals) that plugs into a laptop for ~30$.

I'm not sure the forum will always save you money. We'll always tell you to buy the bigger turbo, the nicer tires, the cooler wheels, etc, and we'll tell you to do all the preventative maintenance you never even heard of, but in situations like this, we can help you out.

EDIT: Also, It's not a terribly big deal to blow off vacuum hoses. You can replace them all for pretty cheap pretty fast, but your car won't explode if you leave them be. You're probably fine for now, but if you want to replace the rest, you need about 20' of 5/32 vacuum hose from the hardware store, a bunch of zip ties, some heavy duty scissors, and some time.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Hoses