Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo replacement. How many hours did it take to put the lower oil line?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Turbo replacement. How many hours did it take to put the lower oil line?

I wonder if they tried to make this thing impossible to replace? These cars are poorly engineered. If they were well engineered, they would be easier to work on. Well engineered means that in addition to performing well, it is possible to work on them.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:42 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Turbo replacement. How many hours did it take to put the lower oil line?

15 mintues once i removed it. Dissconnect it from the oil pan and pull it out with the turbo, then when you install the turbo fish it down through and connect it to the oil pan. Takes a litte brains to understrand a well engineered car

Old 02-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Turbo replacement. How many hours did it take to put the lower oil line?

ORIGINAL: gregp1962

I wonder if they tried to make this thing impossible to replace? These cars are poorly engineered. If they were well engineered, they would be easier to work on. Well engineered means that in addition to performing well, it is possible to work on them.
These cars are very well engineered.. A car thats easy to work on doesnt mean that its well engineered. It is possible to work on them, but it isnt always easy. Sounds like you should have bought a Chevy, what did you expect with a german car??

Old 02-12-2006, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: gregp1962

These cars are very well engineered.. A car thats easy to work on doesnt mean that its well engineered. It is possible to work on them, but it isnt always easy. Sounds like you should have bought a Chevy, what did you expect with a german car??
x2 sorry if audi isnt up to your standards on working on them maybe doing alittle research and trial and error would help? took me an hour to figure out and replace.

Old 02-12-2006, 03:01 AM
1st Gear

took me about 15 mins, just loosened the bolts going to the oil pan for some more room.....really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be