Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Turbo

there are a couple more options out there. if you can, you can always source a APR or PES manifold. not going to be easy of coarse, but possible and the APR mani is damn near perfect for a internally gated 28 series turbo..

then there is a California Jay manifold(the manifold that Chris Tapp ran on his 10 second A4) it's made by a guy that usually makes honda turbo manifolds, so it takes a few months for him to make it.

then there is the treadstone cast manifold. which is my favorite and what i am considering if i do upgrade mine in the future. it is as equal length as you can get with a cast peice. places the WG in a very ideal position. as well as puts the trubo in a better position than the ATP cast unit, much better for fabbing up an intake setup. plus much better quality than the ATP unit. here's a coupld pics of it. and here is where to get it--->http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...p;phot_key=160

and here it is installed.

but one last thing, i have not seen any evidence that shows a cast manifold is stronger than a tubular manifold. if both manifolds are built to the best quality possible, then they should be both equally indestrucable.. Mike Hood has had his 25lb GT35r turbo hanging off his Full-Race manifold for over 4 years now. and with no brace and not cracks

Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 PM
2nd Gear

one thing i would suggest as far as what you need out of a exhaust manifold, is a what you are planning on doing with your motor and what turbo you're going with.. if you are buildingyour motor/head and plan on reving up to 8000rpms or more, then i would suggest going with a equal length tubilar manifold. but NOT the 034 unit. from what i have seen, their welder looks like he/she's bllind in both eyes and has both hands tied behind his back when he's fabbing up the manifold. one guy has had to sent back his 034 manifold 2 times now due to this. and horrible fitment issues that give ATP a run for their money(FYI, 034 will build you a downpipe. but Full-Race no longer offers downpipes for their manifolds, you much fab that one on your own) but here's some problems with the 034 mani,
Name:  IMG_0925.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  87.3 KB
non pentitrating welds

Name:  IMG_0924.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  79.5 KB
horrible slag that is not removed

Name:  IMG_0833.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  75.4 KB
the runner's will not clear the turbo. like this one, the #2 runner will not allow the turbo to be bolted to the mani

Name:  IMG_0933.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  69.3 KB
horrible fitment issues. like this, manifold, turbo, downpipe is all bolted/clamped together and this is how far the WG flange is off..

all this cost a customer more than 2 months time and had to do some clean up work himself on his own time. this is not something i would risk when paying $900 for a manifold.. if i were to go tubi mani, i would go with Full-Race. no doubt about that. it's a little bit more money, but you are not going to see these problems with them..

just thought i would throw my opinion in here about that

Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Zombie Defense Force

i ran an atp manifold with a t3 flange. it worked great. didnt crack like my shitty *** ebay one did twice. live and learn and screw ebay manis