Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled My 2007 Audi A4 Today in a Roll Over

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:22 PM
Default Totaled My 2007 Audi A4 Today in a Roll Over

I got into an serious accident today. I hit some ice on the highway and lost control of the car. Not really sure how I lost control, I made a lane change but no sudden turns or anything like that. My front tires were pretty new, rear tires were pretty worn but above the minimum. I was going to be replacing the rear's in the next 5,000 miles.
Anyway, the back wheels fishtailed out and car went completely sideways and I hit a barrier separating highway from off ramp going around 45 mph. Fortunately my car didn't absorb all the energy from barrier (the snow helped with this I believe) and it rolled up and over the barrier and over onto the off ramp. After almost 2 rolls the car stopped on it's right side.

I was relatively unharmed from the accident. Once my car was supported with blocks and chalks my broken windshield was removed and I was able to escape. The EMS, onlookers and police were really surprised to see me walking around. The ambulance took me to the hospital and the doctor was really surprised as well and told me that most people go to the trauma unit after roll over accidents. My X-rays and everything checked out and I was able to leave. I then visited my car. It actually looked worse than I remembered right after the accident. My front left wheel spokes completely broke away from the rest of the wheel and I had a good amount of damaged to the body, as expected from a roll over. One big thing I noticed was that the car's basic structure held together and even though the car was totaled two of the doors opened and closed smoothly.
At two different points in my accident I thought I was done for. Before my side impact I thought I was going to be crushed and killed but wasn't. When rolling over I thought the frame was going to give in and I would have been crushed and killed. This didn't happen and I am really grateful. I think that if I was in a lesser car I may have serious injuries. One of the onlookers said that the accident should be a commercial for Audi because of how unharmed I was from such a serious accident. I am not trying to pump up Audi or anything but I am really grateful to be around with limited injuries after what I went through today.

I just wanted to share this with everyone.

I didn't have a camera to take pictures of the car after the accident but if the insurance adjuster sends me some I will try and post them.

2007 Audi A4, Quattro, 2.0 T (RIP)

~Anthony

Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 PM
Default Pictures

Here are some pictures. I have some more below.

Attached Images      
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Default Pictures 2

It really held it's shape well during the accident. These are safe cars.

Attached Images