Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tinting taillights

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 09:41 PM
2nd Gear
Old 03-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Banned
Default RE: tinting taillights

i love the gfb bov bc it gives you th sound and diverts some of the hot air away from the intake while keeping the maf happy so u dont throw a cel or have stalling issues. it deff gets loud when the boost is cranked

Old 03-03-2005, 12:58 AM
4th Gear

you have no idea what ur talking about do you.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:16 AM
4th Gear

First of all... how would air from the BOV be in large enough quantity and hot enough to have any effect... at all?
secondly, if you knew dick about your car (if you actually own an A4) you would know what that BOV you 'supposedly' installed is replacing the stock DV, which RETURNED the air to the airbox. now, child, do you know what an airbox is? do you know what a MAF is? i'm pretty damn surprised you have ALL THOSE mods and yet you still know absolutely nothing about that car. intriguing...

Old 03-03-2005, 02:21 AM
Banned

uh bc the air that is being released is right after the turbo....im just saying evey little bit helps. im not saying ur dropping 100 of degrees now did i...ya i didnt think so. ya thats y i bought a hybrid jackass or id be a 'child' and just buy a blow off like everyone else. u have no fvckin clue what the fvck ur talkin about

Old 03-03-2005, 02:29 AM
4th Gear

calm down. you obviouly are weaseling your way around things. i don't believe you contradicted anything i said. you don't really need to either, i'm right. your temper is a concern, so just breathe, everything is going to be alright. the BOV and DV (and hybrid) debate is a long one, just like nature vs. nurture debate. relax, both sides have been stated, you just happened to state wrong information about the BOV. Don't worry, i took the liberty of correcting that .
you will not throw a CEL using a DV, or tossing air at ur intake... that's how the car was initially designed.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:33 AM
Banned

i was saying youll throw a cel if you use a atmospheric venting bov. i guess i didnt make that clear then but thats what i ment and thats how gfb solved this issue. i know that they do the same thing thats why i bought this one instead of a hks, greddy, blitz, etc

Old 03-03-2005, 02:48 AM
4th Gear

ah! yes, THAT is correct. a BOV will likely throw a CEL. in your post it appeared that in not throwing the air at the intake you were preventing a CEL... which sounded retarded. but yes, you're right, a hybrid will is better in that sense than a BOV. though if it were me, i'd just upgrade my DV.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:14 PM
Banned

lol....ya i know. obviously most people upgrade their dv valve. i just didnt want all that air to be recuirculated is why i did it. i really want to relocate it by the throttle body more but that will be a b!tch of a time and im not sure how the blown off air would act traveling that far if it would still maybe cause the car to choke for a min at low rpms and low speeds. thats all doen the road. i only want to do that for increased spool. theres alot of other custom stuff im gonna be doing do the car that no one offers to squeeze what i can out of this k04 to produce the best time ever bc thats my plan and ill be damned if i cant. ive seen 274 hp 350tq on a j31 file and i have an 01 wich no one makes an upgraded version for my year. the one big advantage im seeing that i have over other years is that i have lower compression. so im gonna go with custom tunning from someone. ive talked to upsolute a little ive heard of dahlback also. those are the 2 companies im debating on going through. any suggestions.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:39 PM

Hey bud the J31 file is only for the 2000 model A4's the ATW engine code it will not work on your 2001 AWM

Quick Reply: tinting taillights