Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinted windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:37 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Tinted windows

yo bip where in MA u located? im from MA i know a shop where u can get them tinted and also 35% is legal limit in MA for passenger windows

Old 04-24-2006, 03:53 AM

I went with 20% and I really like it. Keeps the heat out ... not as well as 5% I'm sure, but enough to give some privacy, and makes the car look nice too. And remember, if you have a black interior it will look darker than a car with light interior.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:20 AM
3rd Gear

I have actually never been pulled over once. I have rolled right next to cops with my windows up...lol, its so funny. they just dont seem to care where i live. I got 5% all the way around on my WRX as well, ive had 5% on my cars for a couple years now, and not once had a problem...

ive even been pulled over for other stuff, and the cops dont say anything. I like it, lol.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:22 AM

yeah i have 15% all around and i have sat next to the po-po with all windows up bumpin 3-6 mafia and they havent given me **** for em yet. the one time i got pulled over for not having my plates yet he didnt say anything either.

Old 04-24-2006, 06:33 AM
1st Gear

Just make sure that you get it done at a reputable shop that specializes in tint. Also, make sure you're paying around 150-200. There are different types of tint and certain ones are almost invincible against color change. I did 35% in front and 20% in back. It gives a cool shade blend with the car. Also, if you have an internal antenna (like wires embedded in the windows), make sure you don't get a tint with a metallic base, because it will mess with your reception. If you have an external antenna, you're good to go with any tint.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
3rd Gear

whats legal in ur state? do the limit, whatever it is.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 AM
3rd Gear

does anyone know what the legal limit is in jersey? I want to get mine but def. not getting only the back done without the front (pretty sure thats the law it looks stupid on anything but SUV's). So i'm thinking of going really light so its not as noticeable all the way around.

anyone done this? gotten pulled a lot? any info is appreciated... I wish they would change the law there's really no need for it! Fvch tha po-lice!

Old 04-24-2006, 12:34 PM

I'm pretty sure Jersey doesn't allow window tinting at all.

ORIGINAL: smokeU

does anyone know what the legal limit is in jersey? I want to get mine but def. not getting only the back done without the front (pretty sure thats the law it looks stupid on anything but SUV's). So i'm thinking of going really light so its not as noticeable all the way around.

anyone done this? gotten pulled a lot? any info is appreciated... I wish they would change the law there's really no need for it! Fvch tha po-lice!

Old 04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear

no they allow back windows and rear window as dark as you want. just not front and obviously no windshield. but i've seen a lot of cars with it and it looks really off balanced thats why I don't want it unless I can get away with light tint all around except windshield and not get pulled every other day.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:29 PM

Sorry, yea thats what i mean, on the front windows. My friend had his tinted here in Pa, then he let his aunt use his car for a couple weeks in NJ and they made him get rid of the tint. But I'm not tinting pro so I don't know what the law is.

Quick Reply: Tinted windows