Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who have subs with their Bose...please help me in tuning the system + opinons

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:55 PM
1st Gear
Default For those who have subs with their Bose...please help me in tuning the system + opinons

As soon as i got my car, i didnt really give the stock bose system much of a chance. I threw in a powered sub that i had laying around..it sounded like ****, so i bought 2 12" Infinity Reference subs. Hooked everything up...and it was cool for awhile, but I'm getting tired of this "buzzing" bass im getting. On hard bass notes where it just thumps - my bose + subs hit very hard and clean...its awesome....but most all songs have low notes that kind of drag along...and on those notes i get a loud BUZZZZZ from the subs...almost a rattle.

I had a friend who owns his own custom audio shop adjust my trunk lid to stop that from rattling, and i put foam behind my license plate. I think that it is the rear deck in my car that is rattling...

Question 1: How can i stop the rear deck from rattling / vibrating....is dynomat my only option?

Question 2: If i stop the rear deck from rattling, and if that was the only place that was rattling, will i get no more of this buzzzing/unclean bass?

Question 3: Why did any of you guys who have bose systems go out and buy subs? With my concert headunit and music coming hardwired in from my ipod, i listened to my system with the subs off yesterday. I was really impressed. The bose system had a nice thump in the hard notes and even with no subs at all managed to give me a little rattle (shows it has some power). If i had known the potential of my bose system's bass before i bought my 2 12s...i dont think i would have made the purchase. I see a lot of people adding subs though, so i'm not alone. I basically want the hard notes to hit even a bit harder, but i dont want to hear much of that ringing bass that artists put in

examples of buzzing bass - Im sure most of you have heard "I'm in love with a stripper"...theres a lot in there....i cant barely even listen to that song in my ride.

BTW, my gain is all the way down, my low pass is all the way down, my bass boost is all the way down....my subs arent really jacked up or anything.

Anyone with some experience - I'd appreciate any input.