Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinkign about the Revo

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 02:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Thinkign about the Revo

Hey guys, I dont know if you remember but awhile back I was going to get the B7 2.0T blah blah blah... you can search if you care (probably not) ANYAWAYS, I got it... Ihave no local shops that do euro tuning that I know of around me though. No Revo suppliers at least. Which is what I was looking into. I have a 2 year lease now, Im in my 2nd month of having it. I know that dealers look down upon doing things to your car for obvious reasons, BUT is this one a relatively safe mod. It seems very tested and easily removed seeing how they do not need to actually do any soldering on it. Does anyone have experience with it and maybe even better yet experience with it AND the dealer? I mean, its not something they could reallyt see, so they would need to actually look for it right? or does it just show up in diagnostic tests and what not. Any help is greatly appreciated. If i do it, it will be the 10th or 11th. Thanks guys

Old 02-02-2006, 03:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Thinkign about the Revo

Sure, if you have something seriously wrong with the car, there is a slight chance that a dealer could try to blame it on a chip.... but they have no reason to, since the law requires them to prove that the chip was what actually caused the issue with the car.

Most dealers around here don't care.. but if you are really concerned, you can use an SPS module to switch back to stock at any time you feel, and then they won't even feel that the 4cyl car for some strange reason feels like an S4!

The REVO SPS modules will soon be available for the 2.0T's also. In the meantime, you could just have it reset to stock program by a local REVO dealer if, for some reason, you have to go in for something seriously wrong with the car. Most likely, however, nothing will go wrong with your brand new car for a while... so waiting to pick up your own SPS module should be a non-issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'd be happy to help out. You can also call us anytime if you want immediate help...

Also, our own forum (in the vendor section) gives us fast e-mail notices when people ask us questions.