Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thing that holds up the clutch pedal

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Thing that holds up the clutch pedal

yea, b5s have it...never seen anything like that before... ineresting idea

nice illustration btw arif

Old 11-01-2006, 04:18 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: aRIf

haaha...
Another masterpiece by Arif.... Submit this to the Columbus Art Gallery, Im sure they will have great interest in it..

Old 11-01-2006, 12:11 PM
3rd Gear

They call me future Picasso, but I do not like to be arrogant

Old 11-01-2006, 03:40 PM
2nd Gear

Don't know how keen you would be on drilling through your floor, but how about this: Right where your clutch pedal hits the floor, drill a hole, maybe 3/8"-1/2" or so. Weld a nut over the hole. Get a bolt of a corresponding size and screw it into the nut. Get some sort of rubber bumper and put it on the top of the bolt. If done properly, your pedal should hit the bumper. Using this set-up, you could adjust it as your clutch wears out by screwing out the bolt. And when you get a new clutch, screw it in as much as you need. Just make sure you use a long enough bolt. Hope this inspires something.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: mnaudi

Don't know how keen you would be on drilling through your floor, but how about this: Right where your clutch pedal hits the floor, drill a hole, maybe 3/8"-1/2" or so. Weld a nut over the hole. Get a bolt of a corresponding size and screw it into the nut. Get some sort of rubber bumper and put it on the top of the bolt. If done properly, your pedal should hit the bumper. Using this set-up, you could adjust it as your clutch wears out by screwing out the bolt. And when you get a new clutch, screw it in as much as you need. Just make sure you use a long enough bolt. Hope this inspires something.
Thats a good idea, but, what about how you have to have the clutch fully depressed to start the car??? Doesnt the pedal need to be fully depressed to start the car? Or just half way or what?

Old 11-01-2006, 04:09 PM
5th Gear

on my 98 it has to be FULLY depressed to start it. i dunno bout other models

Old 11-01-2006, 04:17 PM
3rd Gear

instead of attaching the thing to the floor can you attach to the back side of the pedal? that way it still hits the button on start up and stops the pedal from being pushed in so far during shift.

calling out beermod.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear

Is there a way to bypass the switch? I had a Toyota pickup that had a clutch start bypass button. I am guessing it was used to crawl over rocks using just the starter. Being a noob, I have no idea how that is all set up or what consequences bypassing it may bring. Just throwin' it out there.
ORIGINAL: chaos92287

on my 98 it has to be FULLY depressed to start it. i dunno bout other models

Old 11-01-2006, 04:26 PM
3rd Gear

I do not worry about the pedal to fully down to start the car. it is something easy to fix. I am not really want to drill a hole. I will find something to fix behind the clutch pedal and make it adjustable. It is my next project after I relocaded my DV.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Site Moderator

Where are you relocating the DV to?? Trunk?[&:]

Quick Reply: Thing that holds up the clutch pedal