Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge

your best bet is to just weld a bung into your new test pipe. dont use the stock o2 leave them be.
euro kind: dont run a safc. i ran one in my car and it was a pita. you cannot tune with it because it messus up the maf signal and its impossible to get readings. also you cannot adjust timing.
running meth/alky will help out tons. it will make it so you can run more boost with out knocking.
yes you can remove last o2 for a bit to tune but then put it back and get a properly mounted one.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:13 AM
1st Gear

runnin meth/alk is a whole nother animal isnt it? ugh, i research one thing and now i have to go another way hah

Old 04-27-2007, 01:20 AM
4th Gear

i realize what meth injection does

down side.. having to refull the tank all the time, and buying all of the meth mix
in the long run it would be easier to just run a different tune

and his car is also a 99.5 so he cant use a vagcom or something like lemmiwinks to play with the timing and all of those other settings like the later drive by wire cars car

Old 04-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Zombie Defense Force

well you can run alky and you refill your take every other time you fill your gas. also you can have it just spray after a certain boost level. but if your just driving around town dont hit full boost and you wont spray the alky.
lazer you can only tune a car so much. then once the car is maxed out you can add alky and get more hp. so saying its easier to run a different tune is wrong because you will be making 40+less hp with out alky.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:29 AM
4th Gear

well even if he is running say a pc16 setup, thats pretty much to the edge of the k04's limits
so if he were to bump the boost an add the meth any more power he would be making would either be pissing in the wind or non existant because its out of the efficiency range

Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 AM
1st Gear

this seems really really complicated. Alot more complicated then spinning a few ***** and street tuning it yourself.

first off. I dont get the idea of alky injection ( i mean the setup and such) knowing me i'd probably blow myself up before i ever got any hp gains.

second. there's a porche tuner shop around where i live, couldnt i just go there and have them see if they cant tune after i put on my next few mods in the next 2 months or so?

Old 04-27-2007, 01:43 AM
4th Gear

meth injection is a system that sprays a 50/50 mix of water and either methanol, or alcohol, into the intake and creates a denser, cooler, and better burning boost charge, this lowers the intake air temps, and allows you to run a race gas setup just with meth, whithout having to worry about detonation or running 100+ octane fuel

Old 04-27-2007, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

i know i'm gonna get flamed with a "go search" but i'm just to lazy

where would i purchase or just check out one of these meth injection systems? (websites)

Old 04-27-2007, 02:03 AM
4th Gear

aquamist
snow performance

just google either of those

Old 04-27-2007, 02:07 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

aquamist
snow performance

just google either of those
thnx,, i'm sure i'll be back with questions tomorrow or something.

i'm plannin to up my setup to like a stage 3 or somethin like that over the summer with like exhaust, test pipe, intake, fmic, injectors and some hard piping/ inlet hose.

Quick Reply: Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge