Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge

So I've been toying with the Idea of getting a test pipe and I would like to get an air/fuel gauge in my car as well. I wanted to know if I can still run an air/fuel gauge off the test pipe.

This is what I have:
K04; upgraded DV; Chipped; Borla; samco hoses; upgraded air filter; bigger injectors; short throw and stage 3 clutch

This is what I'm Getting:
Boost gauge; FMIC; Testpipe; Water/alch injection; Electronic Boost controller (only cause its already chipped and with the water/alch injection I'll be able to turn it up a bit).

I also want to ad this is a 1999.5 and it has 120k miles on it.. Now these are all highway miles and the car has always been taken care of perfectly and runs like new. Everything done by audi.. Its not beat on, just like to be able to go really fast when I want to.

Any help you guys can give would be awesome!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge

I got the same question, kinda. I was wonderin if i could get an aem wideband guage? to go along with an apexi super afc.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
4th Gear

rather then running water/meth and a boost controller why not just get an agressive tune ?

and im not sure if your stock ecu can run off of a wideband sensor, i know the newer ones came with them
if not you would have to weld in another bung to the testpipe, for your wideband sensor

Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear

couldnt i just plug it into the o2 sener spot?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 PM
4th Gear

like i said, your stock ecu needs to be connected to it, and i dont know if it can take readings from a wideband sensor as opposed to the narrow band sensor it comes stock with
if it can, then yes.. and just splice the wires for your controller into it

Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
1st Gear

[align=left]are you sure? a single-channel analog output with a Bosch O2 sensor in one unit. I dont think anything from the wideband needs to be plugged into the ecu. I thought the only thing i'd be pluging into my ecu would the the apexi super afc. [/align]

Old 04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
4th Gear

well your ecu still needs to get that after cat reading from somewhere for emissions purpouses
so if it isnt getting a reading it will just throw a cel

Old 04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

yeah,,but that's just the "you're car is modded light" haha..but I was just plannin on tuning the car with it then taking it and puttin the o2 sensor back in until i have a more efficiant way of installing the wideband (plus i dont have a gauge cluseter yet for it either)

Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 AM
4th Gear

I like the mods you've done so far, after you get the testpipe and boost gauge, give us a 0-60 time and tell us how much PSI your boosting. You got my dream car thats obtainable... K04 ftw

Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

rather then running water/meth and a boost controller why not just get an agressive tune ?
Water/meth is like running race gas, while lowering iat, and cleaning the cylinders. Tell what the downside again? This will allow you via vacom to increase timing and/or boost resulting in increaded power. All things you can do.

Also a dedicated wideband and gauge is some much better. great choice here

Quick Reply: Test Pipe and Air/Fuel gauge