Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:29 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Test Pipe!

Good luck to you though....take your time..

Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 AM
5th Gear

lol chances are he has already thrown many wrenches, has at least 3 bloody nuckles and perhaps a broken finger.... lol i know that what I ended up with

Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Site Moderator

O M F G

All I have to do is secure the spring loaded DP bracket and Im DONE. If youre still awake in a while, stay tuned for some flaming/pics. I dont know if ive ever been so frustrated in my entire life...

Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 AM
5th Gear

lol good jab man your almost there, time for a beer or six lol Ill tell you what I had to have a hand a time or two just to keep me from goin insane while doing it..... but when your all don you are gunna love the sound, its gunna rock your world and ill be up waiting to see pix and i want a damn video tonight too Ill be waiting
ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

O M F G

All I have to do is secure the spring loaded DP bracket and Im DONE. If youre still awake in a while, stay tuned for some flaming/pics. I dont know if ive ever been so frustrated in my entire life...

Old 03-01-2007, 05:33 AM
5th Gear

see mine had this funky polished finish that never changed it like didnt dull or anything i dunno whats different about it

Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 AM
Site Moderator

haha.. Alright im sorry im too tired to post pics/videos right now. But I'll sum the last, uh, 12 or so hours up. To call them "**** bolts" is an extreme understatement. They are mother ******* *** crunching evil sons of bitches from far down in the depths of hell. With tip, it is 100% necessary to get at 2 of the evil DP/Cat bolts withthe passenger side wheel off. You gotta remove the cv boot heat shield and stick your ratchet/2ft extension/swivel socket up through the lower the control arm. Luckily one of them just snapped off so there wasnt a lot of turning involved. One of them had deteriorated so much that I had to hammer a smaller sized socket onto it and then connect the extension etc. onto it to get it off. That one took maybe 3 hours to get off. Its just so hard to get at a good angle so the socket is seated up on it flat to torque on. So finally I was able to lift the cat out. That was sooooooooooo nice, after 8 or so hours. I dont know how many times I hit my head on the jack stands, or how many light bulbs i went through because the light was getting thrown around (actually, it was 5 light bulbs.) I am in a lot of physical pain right now needless to say. BUT
It sounds and drives awesome! The turbo whistles/wooshes so much louder and the power increase is more than noticeable. It does stink though. I used 2 long non foulers for the rear 02 sensor, so far no CEL, ill scan for codes next week. I used to have a rattle/vibration in my exhaust, that is now gone. My exhaust sounds MUCH better, very deep. Although, I do hear a slight ticking noise, as if there is a leak. And there is smoke coming from it. I cant tell if its a natural new exhaust piping/gasket kind of smoke or what. Its not an extremely potent odor though. It might be from my bad PB blaster aim though when i got it all over the manifold, etc. But anyway, ill give it a day or two and if its still smoking i guess i have a leak. If thats the case then im going to a muffler shop cuz theres no way in **** im going to deal with it again. Love it though... It was worth the time and effort and im glad i did it. Ill post pics and take a video tomorrow.
BTW, the reason its harder with tip is because the tunnel that the DP lives in is extra narrow due to the tranny being wider than a manual.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:41 AM
5th Gear

lol glad you got it in there it is such a bitch and now you have joined the elite club of people that have done it!!!!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 AM
4th Gear

Sweet man, good job. So one question, if you get a test pipe, your car will no longer pass emissions correct??? I live in Washington state and we have emissions so I was just wondering.

Josh

Old 03-01-2007, 06:41 AM
5th Gear

yea thats right, probably wont pass, maybe you should move to oregon lol..... or you could leave the cat on till emissions and then pull it back off after you pass. thats what I did for my cousin who lives in vancover
ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

Sweet man, good job. So one question, if you get a test pipe, your car will no longer pass emissions correct??? I live in Washington state and we have emissions so I was just wondering.

Josh

Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Guru

here in mo, the only thing they do to check emissions is make sure your car is not throwing any codes(obd cars that is)

so realistically since i have apr software i could get the tp file and run with that and still pass, or since i have an 01 i could just do non foulers?

of and congrats man, yeah i would like to hear this beast rumble

Quick Reply: Test Pipe!