Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:09 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Test Pipe!

Grats onepoint8t... Anyone know if they run emissions in Arizona.. I lived there 2 years ago and am going back soon. I currently live in Texas and I know they do here[:@]

Please let me know!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:11 AM
5th Gear

where in Arizona ?
ORIGINAL: Amze

Grats onepoint8t... Anyone know if they run emissions in Arizona.. I lived there 2 years ago and am going back soon. I currently live in Texas and I know they do here[:@]

Please let me know!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:12 AM
5th Gear

well look like they have it everywhere but since you have an 03 it might not be required

-All vehicles driven on Arizona roads must comply with the regulations established by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality. When it is time to renew your vehicle's registration, the form will indicate whether or not an emissions test is required. Most 2002 and newer vehicles are not required to be emissions tested.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Site Moderator

How the **** long does it take for a packgage to come from CA to OH on ground delivery?? Notracking # was given to me....

Old 02-23-2007, 02:16 AM

i got my HFC from cali in like a week maby weekandhalf... and im in CT... so id imagine that it would be alot quicker for you...

im a little worried about when i have to go and pass emissions becuase i have a CEL... and im wondering if its enough for it to fail the test... i hope not

Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 AM
Site Moderator

You havent tried the non fouler mod yet?? Pick one up man, they are like $3 and I dont think it would take long to put it in. Wont have as much room to work with though since a cat/hfc is more bulky with the heat shield etc. but im sure you could do it. Depending on how many cells are in your hfc youll probably be alright with emissions. But the CEL is def a red light.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:22 AM

yea il have to get to it at some point... i just keep pulling the codes every few days and erasing them just to make sure no new ones have popped up on my until i can get that fixed

Old 02-23-2007, 04:33 AM
Site Moderator

Like I said above, ( I think).. I keep reading about how people with ATW engine codes cant avoid a CEL even with any combination of non foulers when using a test pipe. If anyone here that is using a test pipe with engine code ATW couldspeak up as to how it went for you.. CEL wise, that would be cool. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 AM

the down pipe connets after the cat converter. the test pipe replaces the cat. thats why they won't pass emissions.most after market exaust systems come with a down pipe. but you can purchase seperate.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Mattchef

the down pipe connets after the cat converter. the test pipe replaces the cat. thats why they won't pass emissions.most after market exaust systems come with a down pipe. but you can purchase seperate.
If youre going to reply to someone's question that was asked about 10 posts ago, it helps if you "quote" who you are replying to... Otherwise it just looks like random insight..

Quick Reply: Test Pipe!