Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Test Pipe!

ORIGINAL: A4Rollin

i noticed you didnt happen to mention a giac chip, do they not have thatfile where it wont let theCEL come on?..... Do you hear about this being a problem for many giac users?
GIAC doesnt offer a no CEL file for test pipes. Its technically illegal anyway which is why you never see it advertised unless its on a public forums. Test pipes are advertised as TEST pipes for a reason. Places that advertise them as "cat delete" or anything else are looking for trouble.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Guru

need to change the sig now

and since i live in mo where we do emissions, if i get the apr no cel program could i run a tp and be fine?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: turbo kraut
if i get the apr no cel program could i run a tp and be fine?
No. You wont pass anOBD or a sniff test with a test pipe. Any way you go about it, youre probably going to end up with at least a fault code unless you get a hfc. You cant just clear the code right before the test or else the OBD system wont be ready. You have to go through several drive cycles after getting codes cleared for your OBD system to be ready for testing. By that time youre likely to throw at least a code.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Zombie Defense Force

glad it sounds good. that took you for ever to do haha

Old 03-02-2007, 01:04 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeff

glad it sounds good. that took you for ever to do haha
uh huh, I KNOW. Thanks for rubbing it in a little more. [:@]

Old 03-02-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Guru

so then i go hfc

Old 03-02-2007, 02:28 AM

Congrats onepoint8tee...

I love my HFC... the exhuast is much more throaty and agressive sounding... when im at a drive up window or in the garage and the engine revs you can hear the turbo spooling echoing off the exhuast behind me... sounds so nice...

all my friends who drive behind me say that even though there is a little bit of a cat on it... it wreaks *** haha they all have to put their cars on re-circulate so they dont smell it on the long drives...

just a little FYI... i have a Labree HFC, and i got a CEL... so be cautious becuase you could still get a CEL even with the HFC... and i cant do anything about the CEL becuase im GIAC... so... il have to live with it for now until i get my K04 in...

Old 03-02-2007, 02:36 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

Congrats onepoint8tee...

I love my HFC... the exhuast is much more throaty and agressive sounding... when im at a drive up window or in the garage and the engine revs you can hear the turbo spooling echoing off the exhuast behind me... sounds so nice...

all my friends who drive behind me say that even though there is a little bit of a cat on it... it wreaks *** haha they all have to put their cars on re-circulate so they dont smell it on the long drives...

just a little FYI... i have a Labree HFC, and i got a CEL... so be cautious becuase you could still get a CEL even with the HFC... and i cant do anything about the CEL becuase im GIAC... so... il have to live with it for now until i get my K04 in...
Dude- I bet you could avoid a CEL with a non fouler. Tryi it! I wouldnt use two non foulers because it might not pick up any activity, but if you used a short one, or even one long one you might be alright. It might take the 02 sensor out of the main stream just enough to keep from getting a cel or maybe even a fault code. Thanks though, i am enjoying it. My wife and i got back from the grocery tonight and she was stranded at the front door with all the bagsin the rain cuz i was busy reving it up in the garage, admiring the turbo whistle. So nice.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 AM
5th Gear

Me sa thinks a singled long one wouoold take care of it in his case
ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: StepUpProductions

Congrats onepoint8tee...

Dude- I bet you could avoid a CEL with a non fouler. Tryi it! I wouldnt use two non foulers because it might not pick up any activity, but if you used a short one, or even one long one you might be alright. It might take the 02 sensor out of the main stream just enough to keep from getting a cel or maybe even a fault code. Thanks though, i am enjoying it. My wife and i got back from the grocery tonight and she was stranded at the front door with all the bagsin the rain cuz i was busy reving it up in the garage, admiring the turbo whistle. So nice.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

Me sa thinks a singled long one wouoold take care of it in his case
Have you gotten into the moonshine again?

Quick Reply: Test Pipe!