Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Test Pipe!

The smell should go away after time. I just put a 3' turbo back on my eclipse yesterday and it dose have a foul smell to it......

Were you serious when you said this is the last mod???? Maybe you will turn over to the darkside with me [sm=lildevil.gif]DSM that is......lol

Old 03-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Site Moderator

well its raining and id like to set the camera up outsideso i can do some drive-by's. Whenever the rain stops is when ill do it.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
3rd Gear

Better than all the snow I am getting [&o]hard to test out a new exhaust in 6' of snow with a fwd........

Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
2nd Gear

Sounds Good!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Beer Mod
Were you serious when you said this is the last mod???? Maybe you will turn over to the darkside with me [sm=lildevil.gif]DSM that is......lol
Yup its my last engine mod. Ill probably get a tip chip and do suspension, possibly wheels sometime and thats it for mods. By that time itll be paid off and Ill ditch the Maxima andbe Audi shopping again. Part of the reason is that there is no k04 file for my ecu, and no one plans on developing one anytime soon from what i know.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Site Moderator

I was just in the car recoding my locks for one touch unlock for all the doors and also remote windows up/down with the key fob through vag com. I decided to scan for fault codes and I already have a fault code for the rear sensor- B1 S2 No Activity. As long as there is no CEL, Ill be happy. I dont mind clearing fault codes. Im hoping that it doesnt tirgger a CEL if that code sits in there for too long without being cleared.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
2nd Gear

HEEYYYYYYYYY........onepoint8 i thought we lost ya last night man! At least you won the war man but sounds like the audi put up a good fight! Glad to hear its on. What would the difference between my hi-flow cat and your test pipe be??? Is it that yours would be a little louder...or alot louder??? Heres the pic if you didnt see it before

[IMG]local://upfiles/30812/BC26B54B7179446C97A264E3A41222C3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2007, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

will a cel throw our cars into limp mode?

Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 PM
Site Moderator

As far as the install process goes, there wouldnt be a difference between a TP and HFC. The stockDP bolts will **** you off beyond belief, and the bottom turbo/cat bolt is no picnic either. Performance wise, Ive read the gains with a HFC are similar to a TPand slightly less. You wont get as much power with a HFC compared to a TP, but im sure it is comparable and noticeable and worthwhile. You wont necessarily get a CEL with use of a TP as long as you take some sort of preventative measure- which is one of 3 things usually. If you have APR, REVO, and Unitronics software, they have a file thatwill keep the CEL from coming on, but will store a fault code (doesnt affect performance/wont put you in limp mode). If you use non fouler(s) like i did,it takes the 02 sensor out of the main stream of exhuast gases so it wont detect "harmful" emissions and throw a CEL, but will store a fault code for "no activity". That also doesnt affect your performance or put you into limp mode. The other way is to try and electronicaly trick the ecu by splicing a diode into the 02 sensor wiring to limit the voltage, etc. Most people dont have luck with it, and the ecu usually ends up out smarting the diode somehow and that WILL put you into limp mode. I dont think any post cat02 sensor faultcode will put you into limp mode (i might be wrong though). I think its only the pre cat/primary 02 sensor fault codesthatwill put you into limp mode if they throw a CEL, and that would have nothing to do with the use of a TP or HFC.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:16 PM
2nd Gear

i noticed you didnt happen to mention a giac chip, do they not have thatfile where it wont let theCEL come on?..... Do you hear about this being a problem for many giac users?

Quick Reply: Test Pipe!