Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test Pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Default RE: Test Pipe!

Nice! I just bought the same one last week and it should be in soon! Might have to wait on the install though, some a$$clown in a jeep just rear-ended me yesterday[:@]

Old 03-01-2007, 02:31 PM
4th Gear

haha onepoint8t, glad it was a GREATTT AHHH SUCEESSSS!!!

Sweet deal, can't wait to see pics and hear vids

Sorry it was such a pain in the ***, but at least your done

Old 03-01-2007, 03:36 PM
1st Gear

nice work.. when I go HFC I am not attempting a diy

BIG UPS though for toughin it out.. I think it took me that long to do a full timing belt change.. jeez thats alot of trouble for just some bolts and a tipe ...

The Audi Gods dont make it easy on us do they

Way to get some attention on a single post..wonder what the longest is ...its already at 4 pages deep..lol

way to go homie

Old 03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Site Moderator

Sorry the pics are kind of huge

Air box and precat02 sensor out (notice the screen/filter on my wheel well from when I had the airbox mod.)

Fast forward 7 or so hours, the DP bolts are off, and the cat is OUT!

Dont mind the oil, its from when my valve cover gasket was shot, I was finally able to clean some of that crap off!

A picture of the inside of the turbo, if anyone cares... I did...

Test pipe is ready to go in with rear 02 sensor and non foulers screwed in. I used two long non foulers, I forget the part #, but they are 18mm.

A zoomed in view of the tunnel that the DP lives in.... SOB. This pic actually makes it look much less worse than it is.

This is with the passenger side wheel off, and cv boot heat shield removed so I could get to 2 of the evil DP bolts.. I cant believe how these pics make is look so easy!

Test pipe is installed, bolted up, with the precat 02 sensor back in

DONE

Ill try to take some videos tonight if its not still raining!
This is by no means a DIY article, but hopefuly it will help other people out. Sorry if your computer locked up due to the massive pics.. I was going to resize them but my fingers hurt too much [:@]
Its so great though... The turbo does spool up much sooner and seems to be way more responsive. The torque increase is most noticeable down low, and I do notice it pulls stronger throughout the entire rpm range. The turbo whistle while cruisingin 3rd gear at about 25-30 mph is so sweet sounding. I can actually hear the turbo spool up when im in neutral just reving it.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM
5th Gear

lol nice pix man, its such a bitch to do but you did it man lol

Old 03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

Thanks for all your support man. I woke up this morning at about 6am and my backand arms were in soooooo much pain. I hate to sound like a bitch, but to be working on a car for 12 hours straight on your back, at strage angles, going through all the emotional stress and frustratioin... Its very taxing on your mind and body. I need to sit in a hot tub for about a week

Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM

looks sweet. maybe i'll have mine in a month or two. you can really feel the difference too huh. a mod worth the money.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
2nd Gear

No time for rest your leaking some oil, looks like it may be the timing chain gasket unless it is just the back side of the valve cover gasket leaking. Looks good though.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
5th Gear

lol i know what you mean, there are alot of other things I would much rather do than those three bolts lol, **** I think i could drop the tranny faster ..... and the i know those pains, the crazy angles make you use some muscles you dont even know you had but they sure hurt later lol, like i said earlier I had like three bloody nuckles and a crushed finger that was probably broken lol
ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

Thanks for all your support man. I woke up this morning at about 6am and my backand arms were in soooooo much pain. I hate to sound like a bitch, but to be working on a car for 12 hours straight on your back, at strage angles, going through all the emotional stress and frustratioin... Its very taxing on your mind and body. I need to sit in a hot tub for about a week

Old 03-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Site Moderator

Definately a great bang for your buck cheap go fast mod.... If you can get one through a group buy its even better. The car like jumps when i take off... It feels like it lunges forward more if you know what i mean. Of course thats due to the tq increase it provides. Its much more lively and the sound is perfect, especially with the milltek. The only bad thing is it kind of stinks. I only noticed it with the windows down right when i pulled into the garage though.

Quick Reply: Test Pipe!