Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TEST PIPE...........

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:55 AM
1st Gear
Default TEST PIPE...........

I was just wondering if everyone that got a test pipe are you also running the software for the test pipe??? (For example i plan on getting the APR Test Pipe program.) I was wondering if you are running the test pipe with the stock exhaust, have you encountered any problems or possibly have any check engine lights coming on??? Also, has anyone with a test pipe on their B7 brought there car to a dealership and they wouldn't work on it. I searched and read that they will mark down in the computer that you have a test pipe, but obviously if you have any serious issues with the engine, you are pretty much sh*t out of luck...........

Old 11-17-2006, 02:01 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: TEST PIPE...........

never heard of a "test pipe program"

Old 11-17-2006, 02:06 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

never heard of a "test pipe program"

Well there is a code/program, it just produces different numbers for the computer so the computer doesn't search around looking for a cat and then thinks something is wrong and then, bam a Check engine light, you can call APR yourself or even Eurocode, they can tell you about it better, I really just know that i supposedly need to get it........

Old 11-17-2006, 02:07 AM
2nd Gear

In layman's terms......it's nothing more than a line of code added to the APR ECU Program that overlooks the reading that the o2 sensor is giving it.

Test Pipe = higher emissions. ECU will throw a code when that's detected.

REVO and APR have added the code to their programs so that it bypasses this warning.

That's all.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: evoic

In layman's terms......it's nothing more than a line of code added to the APR ECU Program that overlooks the reading that the o2 sensor is giving it.

Test Pipe = higher emissions. ECU will throw a code when that's detected.

REVO and APR have added the code to their programs so that it bypasses this warning.

That's all.
Thanks man, yea i didn't know much about that issue, have you noticed any issues with the test pipe on your car and how long have you had the test pipe on??

Old 11-17-2006, 02:09 AM
4th Gear

hm, interesting...couldnt you just put in an o2 simulator though ?

Old 11-17-2006, 02:10 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

hm, interesting...couldnt you just put in an o2 simulator though ?

The code/program is free......

Old 11-17-2006, 02:27 AM
2nd Gear

The code blocker is free, the program (chip) is expensive. You can also romove the second o2 sensor, cut off the sensor itself, cut the ground wire shorter, add on a 10 ohm resistor to the shortened ground wire, and splice those wires into the before cat o2 sensor. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BUY A NEW O2 SENOR IN THE EVENT OF EMISSIONS TESTING OR CAT REPLACEMENT. I have done this to a neon for a friend but never tryed it on my A4.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:32 AM
4th Gear

then never mind, haha
my car needs mods...and i need a job

Old 11-17-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tractioncontrol

The code blocker is free, the program (chip) is expensive. You can also romove the second o2 sensor, cut off the sensor itself, cut the ground wire shorter, add on a 10 ohm resistor to the shortened ground wire, and splice those wires into the before cat o2 sensor. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING THIS UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO BUY A NEW O2 SENOR IN THE EVENT OF EMISSIONS TESTING OR CAT REPLACEMENT. I have done this to a neon for a friend but never tryed it on my A4.
Yea I would never do that, plus the car is leased and I'm not sure if I will buy it at the end of the lease.

Quick Reply: TEST PIPE...........