Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TEIN S-Tech Springs - Installed **NOW WITH PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:58 PM
1st Gear
Default TEIN S-Tech Springs - Installed **NOW WITH PICS**

I had recieved the TEIN S-tech springs on friday, they are a 2.4 rear and 2.2 front drop kit...Just the springs, stock shocks, struts.

So I brought my car down to the Ford Dealer on saturday where my buddy works, We got the car finished with in 2 1/2 hours and at about the 3 Hour mark the car was rolling off the alignment rack. I got the back back to normal, and the camber on the front wheels are a hair out of spec.

So, now that i have driven it for a day now..... It has amazingly awesome handling, it rides a little stiffer than stock height, but it doesn't bounce alot in the rear, maybe cause its the Quattro??.....my buddy that works at Ford has a 99.5 jetta and he lowered his with eibach springs, and the rear bounces like all hell....

I will keep you all posted on the ride quality, and will get some pics for you...

Wheels coming for christmas.....

Old 11-18-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: TEIN S-Tech Springs - Installed

Tein FTW

Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: QuickQuattro

I had recieved the TEIN S-tech springs on friday, they are a 2.4 rear and 2.2 front drop kit...Just the springs, stock shocks, struts.

So I brought my car down to the Ford Dealer on saturday where my buddy works, We got the car finished with in 2 1/2 hours and at about the 3 Hour mark the car was rolling off the alignment rack. I got the back back to normal, and the camber on the front wheels are a hair out of spec.

So, now that i have driven it for a day now..... It has amazingly awesome handling, it rides a little stiffer than stock height, but it doesn't bounce alot in the rear, maybe cause its the Quattro??.....my buddy that works at Ford has a 99.5 jetta and he lowered his with eibach springs, and the rear bounces like all hell....

I will keep you all posted on the ride quality, and will get some pics for you...

Wheels coming for christmas.....

what kind of shocks do you have?
I have the same springs on my car but i have a B5 and 1st i had them with the stock shocks
and it bounced alot too, then i got bilstein gas shocks and it rides smooth, no bouncing around.
so it might be ur shocks...

Old 11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

No, I have Stock Shocks....I dont know if it is the quattro thing....but when i bought the car (used) It had a good wheel to fender gap, a good three fingers tall...now can even fit a finger in the front and the rear is just barely tucked and thats with the stock 17s and should be getting 18's for x-mas.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear

No, I have Stock Shocks....I dont know if it is the quattro thing....but when i bought the car (used) It had a good wheel to fender gap, a good three fingers tall...now can even fit a finger in the front and the rear is just barely tucked and thats with the stock 17s and should be getting 18's for x-mas.
Yea same here, rear is a lil lower than the front, and i have fw which is lighter than quattro.
but about the bouncing my best guess is your shocks. Like i said,my car was bouncing too
after changed to gas shocks it got alot better, no more bouncing and alot more stiff!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

ohh...well i have to say....the 03 A4 I have doesn't bounce at all, its my buddies 99.5 jetta that bounces. I think your confused with what i wrote!! Its ok its getting late!!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
1st Gear

ohh...well i have to say....the 03 A4 I have doesn't bounce at all, its my buddies 99.5 jetta that bounces. I think your confused with what i wrote!! Its ok its getting late!!
Yea sorry, got confused,already sleepy haha
but yea my guess is the shocks, ur buddy should get new shocks.
it will resolve the bouncingproblem.
well gonna go to sleep [sm=smiley12.gif]

Old 11-18-2007, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

i wanna see pics!!

how much you pay for the springs...and where you get 'em?

Old 11-19-2007, 12:26 AM

Yeah, I want pics too, I am considering these springs too.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 AM
1st Gear

ok... its 6:30 in the A.M. and im checking this site...you guys want pics....

I am going to work right now....but when i get home tonight,,,,(Hopefully I remember)

I will get you some Pics.....

And it looks good, and rides awesome...now that being said i have only had them on for 2 days now....i dont know what the long run will be when they settle.....but i will keep you all posted every once and a while to let you know how the springs are holding up, or should i say the shocks are holding up?!?!?

have a good one to all, see you in the P.M. (with some pics)

Quick Reply: TEIN S-Tech Springs - Installed **NOW WITH PICS**