Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teenagers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: teenagers

accually not really i just love cars and audi n really would like to drive an A4

Old 11-10-2005, 12:40 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: illwork4sumbread
P.S.
Has anyone else under 20 owned 2 Audi's?
ive had 2 cars and they have both been audis, one was a 1990 audi 90 and now a 2000 a4

Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

Yeah my parents got me a car when I was 16 but I paid them back. Im 22 now and I sent my mom 2 grand a couple months ago as a last payment for it. The car is long gone but I still owed her for it and it felt pretty dam good to be able to give her that money. It really made her day. Now I own an 03 B6, first car I bought all myself, most people look at me and think you spoiled little punk and I love telling them I paid for it. I tell you most people do not know how to handle money and they have nothing to show for it.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 AM
3rd Gear

Im 22 and should be getting a B7 soon.
Currently drive an 03

Old 11-10-2005, 02:01 AM

in reply to various posts:

i'm 18, i have a completely stock '99 audi a4 1.8t (silver).. sadly with tiptronic (i got mine for only $9k after TT&L at 75k miles)

my parents paid for it, but i could've just as well..but i grew up knowing that they would pay for it as they did buy my sister her own car

and i would like to say that everyone should keep an open mind as to why a lot of us deserve what we have. i personally work hard in school and education is a priority over work in my family. competition in school is A LOT more rigorous than it was in the days of the older members of this forum.

we do care about our cars, that is why we're on this forum.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:05 AM
4th Gear

I would love for someone to tell me i dont derserve what i have. When u balance school/college/job 5days a week, let me know. Looking back, im glad i work my a$$.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear

I'm 17, 2001.5 A4 1.8T QM. Sure, my parents paid for it, but I still respect it as if I bought it myself. My dad even thinks I'm obsessive about keeping my car in top condition, doing oil services every 3000 miles, cleaning, etc. The first thing my parents told me when they handed me the keys is that this is the first and last car they are buying me. Anything after this, I am on my own. If I wreck it, too bad, I have to walk or take the bus. If I want something else and decide to sell the Audi before college, then so be it. They get the proceeds of the sale.

I'm lucky that they support me financially, but I am in no way spoiled. Every time I pull a dumb/dangerous manuever, or even so much as step into the car, I know that I am on my own if I cause a wreck.

I love my car too much to trash it. I didn't pay anything for it myself, but all the time I spent doing research, setting up test drives, persuading my parents what car is right for me, etc. means something to me. Not to mention I worked my *** off to get good grades. I'm out of work now, but I have been looking for a job since the day I got my driver's license. If I wasn't in school all day, I would be working at least 40 hours per week.

BTW, I know a guy who is like the spoiled kids someone was describing. He begged his dad for a Ford Focus, because he liked it so much (don't ask why). After 6 months behind the wheel, he wrecked. His first car was cheap for a reason, but his dad decided it was time for something nicer. On weekdays, he drives an E34 BMW 525i. Weekends, he drives a BMW 740iL. Both cars were nice before he got them, but they are completely trashed now. The 5 has poor compression, leaks oil (which never gets refilled) and is filled with trash. He used to joke that if you drop anything on the floor, you effectively donated it to the car, because there was too much trash to sort through to find whatever you lost. The 740 is trashed on the outside. I don't think he has ever handwashed a car, nor auto-washed it for that matter.

The worst part is, his grandpa is buying him a brand new Caddilac CTS when he graduates.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

The older folk, or vast majority, that drive Audis worked REAL hard in their younger days to afford them when they are older. I don't understand how parents could buy their kids a brand new $35K car.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:39 AM
2nd Gear

BTW, my car is bone stock right now. Why? My dad said that until he signs it over into my name, I am not allowed to modify his car. I've also decided it is better in the long run anyway not to mod the car much though. I have no plans to sell the car ever. Even if it breaks down and I can't fix it, I'll keep it anyway.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

im 18. audi info is in the sig. hah ai share my car with my twin brother but we go to seperate colleges so its mine now!!!!!i have 2 friends with b5 a4's full rs4 conversion

Quick Reply: teenagers