Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teenagers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:15 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: teenagers

im 17, i have a 96 a4 FWD, i paid around 3g that i had saved up for about 4 years, i didnt really work for this money though, i got mostly of it from my parents over the years, but i did make the effort to save... the other 3,500 for my car my parents paid out of their pockets and i thank them for it every day. i cover all the mods that improve my car which hasnt been much and i dont expect that it ever will be... i have debadged it, clear corners, apr grill, blistien shocks and bng springs.

My insurance was around 300 every 6 months, but then i got in a crash and it went up to around 400 i think.
Although my parents did paid for most alll my car and most all of its expensis, i dont take haveing an a4 for granted in the slightest bit

Old 11-09-2005, 04:35 AM
1st Gear

I'm 19 and bought my car 2 months ago. Acutally it's my first "car", I've had 2 trucks before. Started out with an '82 GMC Sierra as a work truck. I started a landscaping and lawn maintenance business at the age of 13 and worked up from there. When I was 17 I bought a 2000 GMC 2500HD for the business (wrote it off!) and sold it to my dad to buy my car. I worked long and hard for every dollar it took to buy my car and I told my parents I didn't want them to help me buying the car, this thing is MINE.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:48 AM

I don't think it necessarily comes down to a parent helping their child, as that is what parents are going to be inclined to do. It comes down to the parent not teaching their kid to be responsible with money early, and giving hand-outs. Unless mommy and daddy are always going to be their to give you whatever you need/want, it's important for any young individual to learn the importance of good decision making and effective financial management. Giving a car to an appreciative, hard-working, and responsible child is very different from spoiling little Joe with a brand new S4 or M3 just because he likes it.

My parents sacrificed a lot for me when I was growing up, and I had to work to pay for my own cars. They would co-sign for me only after sitting down with me and talking and making sure I could afford the car, insurance, gas, repairs that always happen, etc. I think I learned so much more from putting my own $$ into payments for the car, insurance, gas, tires, etc.

I wouldn't have it any other way. I mean everyone will have a different opinion on this one, but I'll throw my $.02 in.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: BzeA4

Some times to get what you want, you need to make some sacrifices.
No going out to clubs/eating out everyday/packing lunch for work....but to me it was all worth it. I LOVE my A4!!
ya yes the sacfices i did for my audi
i became such a penny pincher, all i do is work and skewl, work and skewl
eating at home and living off the value menu at fast food joints like a bum
u kno the people look at me at the drive through
when i only order a singe 99cent jumbo jack or 99cent McDonld double chees burger

but as of friday i think im gonna be broke[&o]

Old 11-09-2005, 05:11 AM
2nd Gear

LoL. I am Broke.
Living this life of paycheck to paycheck, wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 11-09-2005, 05:19 AM
Administrator

i save i dont live paycheck by paycheck
theres a difference between buying and affording something

Old 11-09-2005, 05:50 AM
2nd Gear

Yea, I understand that but with me I suck at saving. I can be a very impulsive spender.
But I do make sure to have enough to pay all my bills.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee
Wow. You clearly dont understand how economies work, and how they affect the value of currency. Welcome to America! To come from a country whos economy is based on exports, to a country's economy who has such large imports, you would think you would realize what you just said makes not a lot of sense, at least the "$10,000 is CHEAP" part.
But would you pay a staggering $70,000 USD for your Audi A4? (Not 1.8Ts/ Quattro/Whatsoever -- Just the lowest range). And US's average salary is around $6-7 USD per hour. Our average salary over here is only around $1USD per hour. We pay a hell lot for our cars, but insurance is cheaper thou. Anyway, we should stop all these debates, enjoy our A4s and stay broke.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:56 AM
1st Gear

I'll admit that my parents bought my car for me (2001 1.8t Quattro sport manual). Call me spoiled or whatever you want, but I respect my car and I respect what it took for my parents to get me that car. So far (knocks on wood) no accidents, no tickets, some a-hole crunched up my front bumper (and left) so that's the only issue I've had with my A4 in almost a year (I'm 17 by the way). My family has been blessed with the financial abilities to buy the things we want but we are by no means rich. My father is a doctor (in CT) but due to the rising malpractice insurance rates he was forced out of his practice (after more than 20 years), we've got some tough times ahead with my sister and I overlapping in college a year. I just hope I can hold on to my A4, it is one of my most prized possessions but in the end... its only that, a possession.

Old 11-09-2005, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: AML 225
I just hope I can hold on to my A4, it is one of my most prized possessions but in the end... its only that, a possession.
Wise words...

Quick Reply: teenagers