Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teenagers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: teenagers

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Ahhhhh. The kiddies have come out to play... This post gives me a wierd flashback to my AOL teenage days for some reason. I have just one question, even for the B5 owners... How many of you actually paid, or are paying for your car ALL by yourself?? Tell me whats goin on, because there must be some generous parents- or like i said before, yall are drug dealers to be able to afford these rides on a minor's "budget."

I can see if you are a student, getting good grades and all, how your parents would help you out financialy, so thats cool. Not trying to be a cack, but I have come accross some upity spoiled M-Fer's with a4's, having no concept of money or respect for the parents who paid for them. Im starting to sound like the old man who used to walk to school through 6 ft of snow, uphill both ways and Im only 25. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Also, Im not looking for excuses, or for any teenage entity in this forum to feel that they need to redeem themeselves with a sassy reply post. I just feel that the majority of the 18 and under crowd who own an audi dont;
A:Understand that these rides are costly to maintain, and maintaining (and modding) can't be accomplished on a student's income.
B: Appreciate the parent(s) or co-signer who helped them get it.
C: Understand that a $10,000+ car is too much for a kid, and would be better off first earning $10,000 in cash, and see then how they would spend that money.
D: Have the responsibility and know how to drive safely and not kill themselves or other people.

There may be only 1 or 2 of you on the forum that this shat applies to, maybe none, but I know there are some... Somewhere. Fing undeserving disrespecting unappreciative Fers!

Hi, i'm new to the audi forums, and of course, gonna get a 97' B5 1.8T soon. I'm from malaysia by the way. If $10,000 USD is way too much for students to get a car in the US, its way damn cheap for people here. An all-new Audi A4 (Lowest specced) costs around RM260,000 here, which is around $70,000 USD. An A4 has always been my dream car since i first got my license, and after all these years of working, (25 now) i finally am getting myself an A4 soon, at the price of RM65,000; which is around$17,000 USD. Hence, teenagers, be proud of yourselves, you guys are getting cheap cars, you aint spoiled, ur parents arent even letting u buy expensive cars, $10,000 is CHEAP ! Lol~ Enjoy ur Audi, and dont talk bout money can we? [8D]

Old 11-09-2005, 03:32 AM
Site Moderator

hahahahaaaaaaa... I knew Id start getting some work schedules. Yuikio, you arent part of the guilty.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:46 AM
1st Gear

and by the way, students over here cant even get a decent 10 year old corolla for $10,000 USD...... bummer~

Old 11-09-2005, 03:48 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: commedecargons

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Ahhhhh. The kiddies have come out to play... This post gives me a wierd flashback to my AOL teenage days for some reason. I have just one question, even for the B5 owners... How many of you actually paid, or are paying for your car ALL by yourself?? Tell me whats goin on, because there must be some generous parents- or like i said before, yall are drug dealers to be able to afford these rides on a minor's "budget."

I can see if you are a student, getting good grades and all, how your parents would help you out financialy, so thats cool. Not trying to be a cack, but I have come accross some upity spoiled M-Fer's with a4's, having no concept of money or respect for the parents who paid for them. Im starting to sound like the old man who used to walk to school through 6 ft of snow, uphill both ways and Im only 25. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Also, Im not looking for excuses, or for any teenage entity in this forum to feel that they need to redeem themeselves with a sassy reply post. I just feel that the majority of the 18 and under crowd who own an audi dont;
A:Understand that these rides are costly to maintain, and maintaining (and modding) can't be accomplished on a student's income.
B: Appreciate the parent(s) or co-signer who helped them get it.
C: Understand that a $10,000+ car is too much for a kid, and would be better off first earning $10,000 in cash, and see then how they would spend that money.
D: Have the responsibility and know how to drive safely and not kill themselves or other people.

There may be only 1 or 2 of you on the forum that this shat applies to, maybe none, but I know there are some... Somewhere. Fing undeserving disrespecting unappreciative Fers!

Hi, i'm new to the audi forums, and of course, gonna get a 97' B5 1.8T soon. I'm from malaysia by the way. If $10,000 USD is way too much for students to get a car in the US, its way damn cheap for people here. An all-new Audi A4 (Lowest specced) costs around RM260,000 here, which is around $70,000 USD. An A4 has always been my dream car since i first got my license, and after all these years of working, (25 now) i finally am getting myself an A4 soon, at the price of RM65,000; which is around$17,000 USD. Hence, teenagers, be proud of yourselves, you guys are getting cheap cars, you aint spoiled, ur parents arent even letting u buy expensive cars, $10,000 is CHEAP ! Lol~ Enjoy ur Audi, and dont talk bout money can we? [8D]
Wow. You clearly dont understand how economies work, and how they affect the value of currency. Welcome to America! To come from a country whos economy is based on exports, to a country's economy who has such large imports, you would think you would realize what you just said makes not a lot of sense, at least the "$10,000 is CHEAP" part.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:59 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

when i have a son im gonna give im a civic
and im gonna work him like a dog at my own business or a friends business

i wanna do what my parents did to me but i can't pull it off anymore[:@]
im too materialistic now
my parents worked me like a dog when i was young
and they make me beleive we where dirt poor
that i beleive was the best parenting ever
when you think your poor you understand the value of moeny
AMEN.... Except I was really dirt poor, and my parents drove shitier cars than me. I see SO MANY teenage kids these days who have such little respect for anything. When you dont have respect, its hard to learn how to be responsible and to be a well rounded citizen/individual. The only reason it ticks me off so much is beca

Old 11-09-2005, 04:01 AM
Site Moderator

Im gunna shut up now.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Zombie Defense Force

B5 teenager, im 18

Old 11-09-2005, 04:05 AM

haha, definetly opened up a huge debate here. everyone can agree that the tools who dont respect or understand their blessings dont deserve to have them, and those who are lucky enough to realize and respect what they have been given, or worked for, deserve to be held in the highest honor.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Zombie Defense Force

wow that was perfect, i dont like it when people get sweet cars and they dont understand what they are.

Old 11-09-2005, 04:10 AM
2nd Gear

18 here..Car in Sig
I understand what some of you olderish guys are saying about how some younger kids don't appreciate their parents buyin them cars and what not.
I personally have a couple friends who are like this.

I worked this past summer full time and overtime whenever i could to save for car.
Yes, My dad DID co-sign, but I am paying it all myself Along with my Insurance of about 900 every six months.
I got my car for 8,300, borrowed about 7K.

I work about 5 hours for 5 to 6 days a week. Going full time at Local College that I AM paying myself.
Also, Any mods/maintenace for the car I pay for myself. I'm just lucky that my dad and friend are mechanics who can help me with most everything.

I'm not hating on no one or anything, but just wanted to say that not eveyrone is spoiled.

Some times to get what you want, you need to make some sacrifices.
No going out to clubs/eating out everyday/packing lunch for work....but to me it was all worth it. I LOVE my A4!!

Quick Reply: teenagers