Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teenagers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Administrator
Default RE: teenagers

ORIGINAL: CrazyBignate

16, same car as you, cept manual , sucks u have the tip infection, u should get that cured probably, but yea, borbet type LS wheels coming soon, delayed, (friggin muffins i got in an accident), and hopefully K & N filter and a clutch.

represent B6
i had no choice the car came that way and i couldnt pass up a deal like that
but my next car will be a manual

Old 11-09-2005, 02:03 AM
1st Gear

I am 17, 2001.5 B5 1.8TQ w/tip. Mods are listed below.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:07 AM
4th Gear

Im 18, work 5-6 to days a week to pay for this thing. Working at a euroshop helps a ton. Any tool i could ever need, 4 bays to work on my car at my pleasure. Other race cars there, other people who ALOT more about cars then i do.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:33 AM
1st Gear

I'm 19 and work 40-50 hours a week payed cash for my car so i'm doing something right. lol
1998.5 1.8tq white manual giac chip and debadged

Old 11-09-2005, 02:36 AM
Site Moderator

Ahhhhh. The kiddies have come out to play... This post gives me a wierd flashback to my AOL teenage days for some reason. I have just one question, even for the B5 owners... How many of you actually paid, or are paying for your car ALL by yourself?? Tell me whats goin on, because there must be some generous parents- or like i said before, yall are drug dealers to be able to afford these rides on a minor's "budget."

I can see if you are a student, getting good grades and all, how your parents would help you out financialy, so thats cool. Not trying to be a cack, but I have come accross some upity spoiled M-Fer's with a4's, having no concept of money or respect for the parents who paid for them. Im starting to sound like the old man who used to walk to school through 6 ft of snow, uphill both ways and Im only 25. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Also, Im not looking for excuses, or for any teenage entity in this forum to feel that they need to redeem themeselves with a sassy reply post. I just feel that the majority of the 18 and under crowd who own an audi dont;
A:Understand that these rides are costly to maintain, and maintaining (and modding) can't be accomplished on a student's income.
B: Appreciate the parent(s) or co-signer who helped them get it.
C: Understand that a $10,000+ car is too much for a kid, and would be better off first earning $10,000 in cash, and see then how they would spend that money.
D: Have the responsibility and know how to drive safely and not kill themselves or other people.

There may be only 1 or 2 of you on the forum that this shat applies to, maybe none, but I know there are some... Somewhere. Fing undeserving disrespecting unappreciative Fers!

Old 11-09-2005, 02:40 AM
1st Gear

18 with a 98.5 30v QM 5sp.... and where the heck do alll you kids get your money for these mods , these cars aint cheap ... gezzz... must have been born into some lucky famileys or working a crap load .... haha ... oh well looks nice keep it up ... oh and for me .... tint and subs with an ipod are comming before anything else ... not much for performance with the 30v ... an exhaust and clear corners down the road.... about it ....

Old 11-09-2005, 03:02 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Ahhhhh. The kiddies have come out to play... This post gives me a wierd flashback to my AOL teenage days for some reason. I have just one question, even for the B5 owners... How many of you actually paid, or are paying for your car ALL by yourself?? Tell me whats goin on, because there must be some generous parents- or like i said before, yall are drug dealers to be able to afford these rides on a minor's "budget."

I can see if you are a student, getting good grades and all, how your parents would help you out financialy, so thats cool. Not trying to be a cack, but I have come accross some upity spoiled M-Fer's with a4's, having no concept of money or respect for the parents who paid for them. Im starting to sound like the old man who used to walk to school through 6 ft of snow, uphill both ways and Im only 25. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Also, Im not looking for excuses, or for any teenage entity in this forum to feel that they need to redeem themeselves with a sassy reply post. I just feel that the majority of the 18 and under crowd who own an audi dont;
A:Understand that these rides are costly to maintain, and maintaining (and modding) can't be accomplished on a student's income.
B: Appreciate the parent(s) or co-signer who helped them get it.
C: Understand that a $10,000+ car is too much for a kid, and would be better off first earning $10,000 in cash, and see then how they would spend that money.
D: Have the responsibility and know how to drive safely and not kill themselves or other people.

There may be only 1 or 2 of you on the forum that this shat applies to, maybe none, but I know there are some... Somewhere. Fing undeserving disrespecting unappreciative Fers!
Agreed. I know I'm new, but the l33t speak and teenagers around this board are probably what will eventually stop me from coming back. I doubt most of the posters who can't seem to spell simple words correctly could hold a job that covers the payments on these cars, let alone the insurance some of the teens are paying. I read in another thread that some people are paying upwards of $6,000 in insurance a year just to drive! You can't afford that working at The Gap. If my car was so expensive and my driving record was so bad back in high school that my insurance was 6k, I wouldn't have been able to drive.

Parent's are just plain stupid if they buy their kid a $10,000+ car.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Administrator

u cant blame them
they were just delt a better hand then us
u just gotta work wit wut you got now a days

Old 11-09-2005, 03:10 AM
3rd Gear

onepoint8tee, I can see where you're coming from, and agree with you up until the point where I could be considered hypocritical for condemning people in the exact same place I am.

I realize how god damn lucky I am to have such a nice car, and I appreciate it as much as a minor who has only worked part time/odd jobs can. At my current rate of income, it would take me about three years to save up the cash to buy my car for the price my parents paid for it, and I respect that as much as my limited mental capacity as a teenager allows.

I can't think of anyone on this forum who is driving an A4 that their parents bought them that is the kind of clueless ***** that you have an issue with, but like you said, these kids do exist, and for the most part, they get theirs. I know of a douche whose parents bought him a 300ZX TT. He sent a rod through the cylinder head over-revving it. His parents paid for a brand-new VQ30DETT and the installation. He learned from his mistake by crashing the car into a tree driving in the canyon without knowing basic automotive physics or driving techniques. He gets dropped off at school now.

ORIGINAL: therippa

Agreed. If my car was so expensive and my driving record was so bad back in high school that my insurance was 6k, I wouldn't have been able to drive.

Parent's are just plain stupid if they buy their kid a $10,000+ car.
If your insurance is 6K a year, you shouldn't be driving, period. Unless it's a frickin Ferrari. That high of a premium denotes the kind of incompetence that should be legislated against. If your insurance premium is that high, you are too poor a driver to be allowed a license.

I don't know about parents being stupid for buying their kid an expensive car. I know I'm in your guilty party, but some kids are responsible enough to keep their nice cars away from cliffs, trees, lampposts, fences, and other cars. Some families are well-off enough to afford a relatively expensive car for their teenager. That's just how it is. The people that don't deserve that kind of charity will fvck up in the end, and the people that do will also get what they deserve eventually.

Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Administrator

when i have a son im gonna give im a civic
and im gonna work him like a dog at my own business or a friends business

i wanna do what my parents did to me but i can't pull it off anymore[:@]
im too materialistic now
my parents worked me like a dog when i was young
and they make me beleive we where dirt poor
that i beleive was the best parenting ever
when you think your poor you understand the value of moeny

Quick Reply: teenagers