Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TBA, now no full throttle.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear
Default TBA, now no full throttle.

Alright, so heres the history:

Along time ago i would get a wavering idle, i ignored it and it went away.

Now recently i had a misfire at idle. Tried to run the TBA, it gave an error.

Now after the error, it wont allow WOT. When i look at my vag its throttle angle is a max of like 83 degrees and it says only part throttle when i floor it. Then it threw the code: 17973- Throttle Valve Control part-J338: lower stop not reached.

Well i tried cleaning the throttle body and it wasnt even very dirty and it seems to completely shut. After cleaning it the TBA still wont work...

After that it also added the codes: 17952 Angle Sender 1 for Throttle Valve Drive: Signal too high [sporadic] and 16507: Throttle Valve potentiometer: Signal Too High [sporadic] however after i cleared those they never came back (and i think they popped up becuase i was moving the TB by hand? idk), only the one for the lower stop not being reached came back after that.

I get the feeling that if i could successfully do a TBA id get WOT back... but i cant seem to do one.

When the car is off the computer says it is still open at 4 degrees when it is shut? Is this normal or is one of the angle sensors bad, making it think that it wont completely close? The other thing i was going to mension is that it hasvery poor throttle response. Any ideas would be great. Thanks