Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking the Plunge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Taking the Plunge!!!!

And the reason why i wouldn't make my Engine BiTurbo'd is because the 2.8 engines arn't ment to handle much boost. It would just blow i would need to change the pistons and everything. So in reality that would be more of a pain in the *** to boost it the way i would want.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 PM
4th Gear

this sounds insane and reckless and useless, your mad man, but keep us posted i gotta see this happen. espacially to a student whos only 18. best of luck,

Old 10-25-2007, 08:59 PM
1st Gear

But I am GUN HO for it so ill eventually start looking. I will want to pay my car off first, but if i find a low milage s4 then hey ill find the funds to get it.
post says taking hte plunge. implies iminent. saying you're gonna do this following by i gotta pay off my car first or maybe find an engine. what a tease. thought you had one lined up and actually were doing something. planning is planning. but like in a sale, i'm interseted means nothing til you pull out the cash. this was fun, let us know when you have an engine.

for the record, i support you hobby choice and want to see you do it. but do it.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

ill throw another 10 bucks in the pot with onepoint8...

hell ill even throw $50 in the pot lol

if you get this done i will seriously pay you, this would be badass.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 PM
2nd Gear

I hope your still on the fourm in a year. And by taking the plungei ment thinking of the idea and actually going to go through with it, not i already had everything lined up. I wish i had a S4 motor sitting next to me at this moment.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 PM
3rd Gear

I'll bet $20, how big is the pot now? someone has to bet for him too, or is he just going to pay us.
Hey dude, if enough of us bet you and you do pull it off, you could come out ahead.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 PM
1st Gear

i say go for it, nothing like proving everyone wrong. but reallllly do it. like you said, just for the satisfaction of saying what you did.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: 01AudiA4

And i would not need another daily driver. If i bought the totaled s4 i would take that engine out. Work on that one when im ready to swap i will take my engine out. That will be a couple days if not even one day without a car. So there is no need for a second car.
if you think you're going to swap EVERYTHING over onto your car in one or two days, you're dreaming. not to mention the fact that once this engine is swapped in, it's going to take you a while to iron out all the kinks and chase all the bugs that you'll inevitably run into. it'll be a while before that car is reliable, if ever.

having said that, best of luck to you.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 01AudiA4

I hope your still on the fourm in a year. And by taking the plungei ment thinking of the idea and actually going to go through with it, not i already had everything lined up. I wish i had a S4 motor sitting next to me at this moment.
https://www.audiforums.com/m_673298/tm.htm

Better get crackin' son...

Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
4th Gear

Ahh, man... Alias you beat me to it... I was just going to post that. HAHA

But yeah there's your motor for you!

Josh

Quick Reply: Taking the Plunge!!!!