Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking the Plunge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Taking the Plunge!!!!

good luck man..sounds like a fun project

Old 10-25-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ocadam

This swap is like landing a man on mars you can only dream and waste alot of money but good luck!
so you musta attempted it then?

Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 AM
5th Gear

good luck man. and definitely post pics of the project

Old 10-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Site Moderator

Im not doubting you or anything, but $10 says this never happens [&:]

Old 10-25-2007, 12:22 AM
1st Gear

Thought engine swaps were for ricers....

[8D] jp jp

Still think its not quite worth it, but hell it should be quite the f'in thread to watch. Lots of pics PLS!

ps.. love rice...my old 96 gsr was hawt sauce...140mph on the 52 made me poop my pants, but other than that i got like 30 mpgs...not to mention they hit like boxter style on the grip

Old 10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Guru

i got an idea for you though...... you wanna put a 2.7t in a 2.8 engine bay right, you are going to take the time to fab parts and so on so forth right?

why not just fab manifolds and run a bi turbo setup on your 2.8, and get standalone programming...... you might say that is expensive and whatever, but so is wanting to put a 2.7t in your car or like i said do a vrt swap

Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
3rd Gear

I've got an S4 at a local place Black on Black 2001 with 120k - they are selling it for $7500 - needs a little love and a little work - If I had the $$$ I would have already bought this one. now I know you'll be ahead if you buy that and sell yours. and you'll still have plenty of money to upgrade the turbo's and make a killer ride.

I can get you info if your interested - but I would have to check tonight if its still there

Old 10-25-2007, 09:45 AM
2nd Gear

So how much are you planning on spending with this project? I hope you have a daily driver...

I hate to pull the "You can go faster for MUCH cheaper" card, because I respect unique projects, but man, this project is going to take some serious work and money. It would be more cost effective to buy an S4, and swap 2.8 FWD exterior components onto it, and make it sleeper. No one would expect it.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Guru

just get an s4 and rebadge it a 2.8, sell the s4 wheels , put the 2.8 fenders on it, and like he said swap in your interior and sell off the s4 stuff you might actually make money...... lol

if you have your heart set on this go for it, but i have yet to see, i think anyone has someone say i am going to buy and s4 and put it in my car

i think there are guys on az that say they know a shop that will do everything for you for about 15 grand but that isn't you doing the work

you would have to spend at least 4 to get the car, the the time and effort to swap everything over it would be way cheaper to but a good one that works and do like said above

but if you just wanna swap a motor in for cheap like i said get a vr motor and leave it na or t it

you can get a vr motor for about $500 and then you could get a turbo for about 1700 and that motor will bolt to your tranny with no issues..... then you leave the 2.8 badges and beat 1.8's all day long, get the right turbo setup and maybe even s's

to sum up what i and everyone is saying and i know you posted not to say it, but here goes

just don't do the s4 swap into your car it isn't worth the time or money and when you sell it and someone carfaxes it, they will see a 2.8 and doing that will not get you anymore money on your car when you sell it

Old 10-25-2007, 01:18 PM
2nd Gear

Here is the deal, I love working on engines. And It will just be a intersting project to see it come along. And i would not need another daily driver. If i bought the totaled s4 i would take that engine out. Work on that one when im ready to swap i will take my engine out. That will be a couple days if not even one day without a car. So there is no need for a second car. And the VR6 motor is a good idea. Granit if somone has a good deal on a s4 and somone wants to buy my car ill save myself the trouble. But why not have fun while doing it this way. I get to do everything myself and have the satisfaction saying "I succsefully did a A4 S4 swap myself".

But like i said its not going to happen overnight. With the way i have bills i wouldn't be surpised if it went so slow it took over a year. But I am GUN HO for it so ill eventually start looking. I will want to pay my car off first, but if i find a low milage s4 then hey ill find the funds to get it. Even thought i will have the engine out and checking over everything. I am going to try to find something under 80K. My motor right now only has 53

Quick Reply: Taking the Plunge!!!!