Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System in B6!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: System in B6!!

Sell the W7, with that money, save some more and buy the alpine w205. Save some more and buy an Infinity perfect 10" sub. WAY better setup than a jensen with a ridiculously heavy sounding sub

Old 10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
4th Gear

i would splice into the speaker wire if i was u and get a rca adaptor. hook up ur rcas from the amp to that box and u avoid all the hassel of dealing with the head unit. A cap would be a great idea so your lights wont dim and u dont have to get a new alt which means more $$$ to you. I got two 12's dual speakers in a loaded box that are misleading in price but louderthen hell.I believe it had something to do with installing a cap and having a 2000 watt amp. but hey i just install this ****!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pa4ul

i would splice into the speaker wire if i was u and get a rca adaptor. hook up ur rcas from the amp to that box and u avoid all the hassel of dealing with the head unit. A cap would be a great idea so your lights wont dim and u dont have to get a new alt which means more $$$ to you. I got two 12's dual speakers in a loaded box that are misleading in price but louderthen hell.I believe it had something to do with installing a cap and having a 2000 watt amp. but hey i just install this ****!
Did you replace the components, or just add subs? If you just added subs (probably audiobahn) to the factory system than that is still a horrible setup. If you're going to replace the sub, you need higher quality components or you're going to be overwhelmed with bass, and in a '96 Civic on 100 spoke Dayton's kind of way.

PS - splicing the speaker wire is the worst thing to do for quality

Old 10-12-2007, 10:43 AM

Hey I was planning to do the same thing. Can you more fully describe where in the car is the stock wiring harness you tapped for your new sub amp?

ORIGINAL: BOPOH

i just finished installing some POS system. The way i did i just tapped RCA cablesinto stock subwires that come out from amp to sub, and same with REM wire. Rest is like regular system, sounds great. i was surprised that my car is put together so well thatNOTHING is making a vibrating noise inside, outside is only bumper. Powering amp was so easy but very different from DIY write up(atleast for my car)

Old 10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

If you tap straight into speaker outputs, particularly amplified outputs, you are going to need a level converter unless you want to either blow the input circuit on your amp, or deal with a huge increase in total harmonic distortion. A single bridged 8" or 10" sub in a 4th order bandpass enclosure located in the trunk would be a nice added kick to the factory stereo without overwhelming the factory speakers with muddy bass (basing this on my SymphonyII). Anything more and its just advertising, IMHO.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:08 PM

ORIGINAL: aluke

Hey I was planning to do the same thing. Can you more fully describe where in the car is the stock wiring harness you tapped for your new sub amp?
What car do u drive? i have B6 andi took entire car apart from inside, but ask me about B5 and i dont know a thing about it

Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: BOPOH

ORIGINAL: aluke

What car do u drive? i have B6 andi took entire car apart from inside, but ask me about B5 and i dont know a thing about it
Almost the same thing, except for the amp is on the B6 is inpassenger's side in the trunk, the B5 is on the driver's side.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:09 AM
3rd Gear

subs=extra weight=slower
i have a box that used to be in my trunkwith 2 -12" Fujitsu Eclipse 10 series speakers and a big oldampwith 4gage wire hanging off it that makes for a prettygood coffee table these days.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 AM

Sorry to still this thread, but Bogie how the hell u drive over 100 mph and using 25.1 mpg, I LOVE UR GASMILEAGE.
Back to SUBS, if you have B5 there is write up for it https://www.audiforums.com/m_318162/tm.htm
B6 on the other hand is better to wire everything on the passenger side.
How I TAPED into stock wires: there is a long plug that goes to amp i looked up the colors of wires that connect tostock sub and found them on that long plug, striped the rubber from those wires and connected RCA cables. NOTE im not using my system as neiborhood speakers, im just using it for lil more bass.
If you want ur stock head unit make a lil different sound, hold MENU botton for about 5 seconds, it will bring out few options that u can flip through by clicking MENU and using RIGHT turn ****. Somethingthat ending on "..../NAV" if you put on "0" adds lil more base, and acts like "LOUD" button on aftermarket sterious (learned from AUDIZINE)