Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

System in B6!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default System in B6!!

Hey guys, i recently bought a JL 13.5 W7 with a JL 1000/1 amp. i am going to install this into my car once i save up some more cash to get a box and a head unit. i just had a couple of questions about my system and was hoping you guys can help me and answer them.

1. this is the head unit im going to buy for it.http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JENSEN-VM931...QQcmdZViewItemi just want to know if i should get a spiecal wiring harness for this one cuz i have the bose audio system in my car right now.

2. do you guys think i should get a new alternator cuz the one i have now is 120amp and i was also told to get a optima yellow top battery.

3. do you guys think that i might need a cap for this system.

4. i am going to put a dynamat license plate cover on there and you think anymore should be needed?

5. do u guys think that will sound good in my whip cuz i heard W7's are good but idk how it will sound till i got everything hooked up.

if you guys can also fill me in on any other infomation that im missing please let me know cuz i don't want to mess up my car by installing this sub

Old 10-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: System in B6!!

No your bose sound system is gonna sound like s*** with that POS head unit in there.
If you have bose the best thing to do is leave the stock head unit in there and find an adapter to hook up RCA cables to run the sub.
Diss-abling the automatic sound feature is a must too because the bass would be all over the place with that turned on with a large sub attached to it.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:41 PM
2nd Gear

i got that head its pretty sweet for the price. i got it a litttle more than a year ago but i paid 350. are u talking about new alternator just for the system? if so i doubt it. a cap would be nice i got one for my 1000 watt fosgate and it makes a difference. theres someone on here that has 2 w7s i dont remember who it is though.

btw, i got that rca adaptor for your stock head if you decide on keeping it

Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear

and i dont kno if you CAN run the bose to a 4 ch amp, but the subs are probably gonna overpower the speakers cuz thats a pretty powerful sub

Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Site Moderator

Yeah you can't run the stock bose amp with that head unit, so you'll be eliminating sound quality for a lot of boom which is crap IMO.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:02 PM

i just finished installing some POS system. The way i did i just tapped RCA cablesinto stock subwires that come out from amp to sub, and same with REM wire. Rest is like regular system, sounds great. i was surprised that my car is put together so well thatNOTHING is making a vibrating noise inside, outside is only bumper. Powering amp was so easy but very different from DIY write up(atleast for my car)

Old 10-08-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

really damn i wanted to upgrade my head unit but lame *** audi's gotta be so techincal that you can't do it. so for it to sound the best i gotta get the RCA hook ups to my regular head unit then just plug the sub into the stock head unit.

i really don't want to keep my head unit its kind lame. i want to upgrade and jensen isn't POS. its cheaper then the pioneer avic-D3 that i wanted to get and this sub just whipped me out of all my cash so what should i do with the head unit?

Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 PM

Are you serious????????? JENSEN sucks!!!!! lol i think ur stock head unit is better than ANY jensen!! but if u got tons of money and time, what's the problem? put new unit, wire all wires, put new amp and wire it, and then ur subs will work fine. Its easy as 1-2-3

Old 10-08-2007, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

EBay is the place for me on all my equip new or used

Old 10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: BOPOH

Are you serious????????? JENSEN sucks!!!!! lol i think ur stock head unit is better than ANY jensen!! but if u got tons of money and time, what's the problem? put new unit, wire all wires, put new amp and wire it, and then ur subs will work fine. Its easy as 1-2-3

I second that. Jensen sucks, and there is no way it could match the sound quality of the factory stereo. I've done a lot of time in mobile electronics shops, and the BOSE/SymphonyII in my a4 is probably one of the best overall sounding car systems I've heard. I'm half-amazed that it came from the factory like that, we used to have to work so hard to get a clean spatial full range sound in the confines of an automobile. It doesn't boom like a mini-truck with half a dozen 15's in the bed, but what kind of noob wants a stereo that's designed to let the world know that there is lots of pawn shop scrip to be found in your trunk, while sounding like complete *** to the people in the car?

Quick Reply: System in B6!!