Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SWEET WHEELS OR BEAT WHEELS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:07 AM
1st Gear
Default SWEET WHEELS OR BEAT WHEELS?

Hello, My friend has a set of 18 inch konig wheels with tires in good shape, that i think might look nice on my 3.0, I could prob. get them for about $400-450$. here is what they look like new: http://www.andysautosport.com/images...y_graphite.jpg - It should be ok to put these on my 2003 3.0 right? and i found them on other sites for pretty cheap. point is: I dont want junk on this car, should i check the offset? / could it be bad for the car AT ALL with the 18's? any review on the konig theory wheels? tHaNks!!!

* p.s.... Is there really a safe way to mount racks on the a4 with out damage??
* p.s....... Who makes a nice Badgeless Grill?? LLTEK?

Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: SWEET WHEELS OR BEAT WHEELS?

eh, they look kind of cheap

Old 08-30-2007, 12:23 PM
3rd Gear

first check the bolt pattern - needs to be 5x112
next check offset - needs to be 32-38ish
you will need hubcentric rings
what color is your car - black wheels only look good on certain colors
ask him if you can thow them on for a couple days and take some pic's for us

Old 08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
1st Gear

My car is dolphin grey, so i thought the graphite would look, sweet,what are hubcentric rings? .... and i will get him to let me put them on and take pics... gotta have the approval. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Honestly - not a fan of the rims. If you have a B6, you should go with 19s instead of 18s.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: GL8386
....what are hubcentric rings? ....
Quote from discounttiredirect.com

Q. What Are Hub-centric Rings; Do I Need Them?

A. Most aftermarket wheels are manufactured with a center hole that will fit a wide range of vehicles. The hub-centric ring is used to fill any gap that may exist between this hole and the vehicle's hub, thus centering the wheel on the axle. If you have vibrations after installing new wheels, chances are hub-centric rings were not used.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear

THANKS.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 AM
1st Gear

Hey guys, I need your advise..... I am looking at these wheels that i had posted above, i like them and i can get the w/ tires for like $450..... i had bought a set of replica 18inch wheels for by old b5 and they looked great but bent on every pothole and made the car drive like sh**(very poor quality)...... when my dad found out i was about to put these wheels on the b6, he freaked out!! He claims that putting a bigger aftermarket wheels on these cars can damage the suspension and how the car performs. He says they are geared to drive on the stock 17's and im an idiot. Also, He has offered to pay 1/2 of my insurance payment which was really cool of him, but now says: if i have the money to blow on the bs i can pay my own insurance. im asking you guys two things: Can these wheels really F up your car like he says? and would you just bite the bullet and keep the stock ones on? im a lil pissed cause i wouldent buy the wheels if i didet have the xtra cash to do it and i love making my car a tad bit custom. idk, another random post but let me know what you guys think.
tHaNks

Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

ive never heard of rims fuccin up the suspension. ive heard though that if you stagger the height with quattro, or any AWD cars its messes up the diff. bad.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:46 PM

putting those wheels on your car will not hurt it in anyway (be sure to get hubcentric rings)...unless you don't tighten the lug bolts down [8D]

not quite sure how i like those rims tho...imo they may look better on 350Z...maybe

tell ur dad ur not an idiot and that you have his genes, therefore it's not possible

Quick Reply: SWEET WHEELS OR BEAT WHEELS?