Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suicide doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:49 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: suicide doors

Old 01-10-2008, 12:03 PM

suicide AND lambo your doors!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: bronxblaza117

suicide doors on a four door? mmhh never seen that before. but sure go for it, could be the next big thing to do!
I think everyone is getting suicide doors and lambo doors mixed up if you have suicide doors you normaly have 4 doors yes bently and rolls royce still does it it adds to the whole luxary...
if you wanna do the suicide doors thats on you but if i were you i would go with the autoloc lambo and suicide package (if your turning it into a show car)

BTW.. for people that dont know lambo doors are the one's normaly found on 2 door cars that lift up suicide doors just open the back doors the opposite way....

Old 01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
6th Gear

I think most of us know the difference and technically all the Lambo door kits are not true lambo doors, because Lamborghini's door action is straight up and all of the kits I know all require the door to slide sideways a little, there fore giving the door this awkward angle and looking retarded (IMO) Lamborghini style doors as they have been come to be known as belong only on a Lamborghini or similarly expensive and bad a$$ vehicle.

- you can suicide the front doors, I've seen it done on old hot rods all the time, it looks sick.

Also Bentley does not currently have a model that has suicide doors

SO to finally end this thread since I earlier convinced him it probably would look awkward, you need a longer rear door and a certain style to pull of suicide doors, also you would have to do a lot of custom work to switch the handle so that it looks right, so they just don't make much sense to me, unless you have the bank to make a baller mobile that you just wanna cruise in.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:25 PM

or just go with no doors like a jeep wrangler...

Old 01-10-2008, 01:27 PM
2nd Gear

suiciding a 4 door thats not meant to be is an insane amount of work. think about it, there is no straight pillar to mount the other hinges too cause of the wheel well. its common to do on pickups and old skool cars cause they have a straight B or even C pillar to mount the hinges on, and also as someone else mentioned, the handle and locking latch is a whole nother project. not a horrible idea, but you should spend money on something else first.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Hey, if you're looking for body shops to do your suicide doors, you might want to hit this guy's shop up:
Name:  IMG00814.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  97.3 KB
If he can do that, he can do anything!

Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Site Moderator

I personally wouldn't want suicide doors just because of the name LOL.
If you want em, go for it.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Administrator

You embarrasses both us and yourself by asking that question please do not do that again[&o]

ORIGINAL: mr.cAp

i war thinking about buying the autoloc suicide door kit for my a4, rear doors only, has anyone ever expermented with this?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
5th Gear

people are always calling **** RICE that isn't. not everything those stupid honda kids do to their rides are RICE

R- Race
I- Inspired
C- Cosmetic
E- Enhancements

it is the adding of parts that make a car seem like it would be fast, but in reality it is not. for example, huge wings for cars that dont create enough downforce for it to be practical, crazy aerodynamic bodykits on cars where aerodynamics make little to no difference, really loud exhaust yet the car is not fast in the least, hanging a fire extinguisher on the a-pillar to quickly put out that fire your 100hp engine is gona start, etc...

so please someone tell me how suicide doors are race inspired? or would even make you think a car is fast? it doesn't. suicide or lambo doors are merely cosmetic enhancements that some people like and some don't. if you like it, DO IT!

Quick Reply: suicide doors