Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions for extended warranty options for 2012 A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 01:34 PM
1st Gear
Default Suggestions for extended warranty options for 2012 A4

Hi all! I am waiting on the delivery of a 2012 A4 Quattro next week. The dealer has given me the list of available options. I am hoping for some advice on what to pick, as this is my first Audi. The most expensive option is the extended warranty, which covers mostly everything (excluding maintenance and wear & tear of tires) for 7 yrs/100k miles for $3,400. Another option they offer is the factory-schedule maintenance for 4 yrs/50k miles for $800, which they said would typically cost me $2,000. Can anybody offer any advice on this? I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 AM
1st Gear
Default entended warranty for A4

Hi mate

I think in this stage you should consider "how long I am going to keep this car". If you are going to keep this car more than 3 years I will suggest you get the 5 years warranty for your A4. If not don't purchase it because if you learn finance before, you know that warranty just a cash cow for the firm.

The reason why I suggest you go for extended warranty is I bought one A4 B8 2.0T in Australia 2 years ago. Then if you do the research before you buying the car, you will find out there is a engine oil consumption issue.

In the beginning, the engine oil will run out fast. In my case, when I drove my car around 3000km the engine oil light came up, the engine oil tank just empty. I just sent my car back to Audi after one month I bought the car.(that is ridiculous)

And they said " something went wrong with the piston ring". In fact I don't believe them because my car is still drinking the engine oil (just not that much).

Ok, then back to the topic. Why I suggest you to get the extended warranty? Because if your car is still under warranty the engine oil top up service will be "FREE". And if you have any engine issues you can just send your car back to Audi without paying a lot of money to repair it up.

And as we both know, the Euro car will have a lot of problems on computer and engine after your drive the car more than 50,000km or keep it for 3 years.

In overall, Audi A4 is still a good car to drive. If you wanna "play" or "perform" the car after you know the car very well then you should look for some outside factories body kits like ABT MTM or Caratere. And for sure, with a Brembo brake system will be just awesome.

By the way, congratulation to get a such nice car. Enjoy it!