Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:30 AM
1st Gear
Default suggestions

I just bought a 98 A4 2.8 quattro SP, with almost 100,000 miles. Guy was leaving to go back to Denmark, here for bussiness, his asking price was 9100 in the begginning, and i can honestly say that this car is in amazing condition, interior looks brand new, super clean, guy was running out of time, cuz he had to go back so he dropped it to 8600. i gave him a call, test drove it, liked it. but still waited, then he dropped it to 7600. there was only a couple days left for departure, and i bargained with him, and was able to bring the price down to $5500. what a ****ing deal, the guy was pissed, but knew that he had no choice, either take the cash or take it to a dealership and waste more time. so i got it for $5500, driving off as if i stole something. the car is due for an oil change. oil keeps blinking on the display. so when i left from his house, i was driving fast, feeling the power, and enjoying the handling of the Quattro. i get to a red light, and boom the car turns off. (stalls), so i thought i let go of the clutch or something but nope. so i tried to turn it back on but it would not start. kept on doing it, but still woouldnt, so i got out of the car and pushed it to a saftey side. again tried to turn it on but still no start. i thought it was time to call the towing truck. but before i did, i tried one more time and it started.
does anyone know what could be the problem? why would it just turn off like that, is it the oil?> or timing belt broke i dunno, but the guy said the timing belt was changed.

the car is now in my driveway, and im thinking its the oil change, but i dont know if i should drive it to get an oil change or is it something else? I dont know somebody give me some comfort lol.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:44 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: suggestions

WORD OF THE WISE.... i know your new and all but please DO NOT double post!!! Peeps will see what you say there is no need for it.. goodtimes... By the way im going to threadjack you because i answered you question in the other post....

Whose all in socal mainly the san diego area? lets get a show of names... anyone go to fusion off of clmt mesa? I think its wed nights but im not sure off the top of my head and to be honest im too lazy to go check it because its late[:@]